Monday, February 25, 2013

VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF SALE 2/25

This week’s photo is a shot of son Eddie’s bedroom from November
2009.  Eddie was attending The Ohio State University then and, even
during the summers, he was living and working in Columbus.  Now he
lives in Marietta, Ohio and works for an engineering company over
the bridge in Parkersburg, West Virginia.

These days and with Eddie’s blessing, the room contains even more
boxes of comics, books and files.  Located right next to my office,
it’s a convenient staging and sorting area. 

It’s my intention to clear my stuff out of this room by the end of
summer, but Eddie is in no hurry for me to do this.  Every time he
visits, he rummages through whatever boxes are there and generally
goes back to Marietta with a box or two of stuff he’s “borrowing”
from me.  I fear he’s growing his own Vast Accumulation of Stuff.
The sins of the father...

The sharp-eyed among you might have noticed my cat Simba sitting on
the boxes and looking out the window.  Whether I manage to clear my
stuff out of the room or not, I’ll probably maintain a staircase of
boxes there.  For Simba. 
  
Today is Monday, which usually means new items in my VAOS sales and
reduced prices on previously listed items. However...this week, due
to the greater than normal chaos in my life, there are no new sales
items.  But I have reduced the prices on all the previously listed
items and - what the heck - I’ll even throw in a free comic book or
other item of my choosing with every purchase.  

Here’s how my VAOS sales work...

First come, first serve. In other words, the quicker you e-mail me,
the better your chances of getting the item or items.  Only e-mail
orders will be accepted and you should not send payment until you
get a confirmation e-mail from me.  All listed items are in good or
better condition unless otherwise noted. 

Let me stress that “e-mail only” rule.  Most of the few mistakes I
have made in assembling/shipping orders have happened with orders
I accepted via phone or Facebook message.  So...I’m not gonna break
my own rule anymore.

You should always include your mailing address with your orders.
That speeds up the packaging and the shipping.

Items will be shipped via United States Postal Service.  There is
a $5 shipping/handling charge for up to four items via media mail.
Add $1 for every two additional items. Tracking numbers are sent to
buyers when their orders have been shipped. 

My shipping costs went up this month, but I’ve been absorbing that
additional expense.  That will change in March with an increase to
$6 for shipping and handling. 

Payments are by check, money order or PayPal.  My PayPal address is
the same as my email address.  Purchases will generally be shipped
within a week of checks clearing,  money orders received or PayPal
payments received.

Because this is a one-man operation done between family, household
and work responsibilities, these items are only available to buyers
within the United States and to APO buyers.

When you receive your order, please check it and let me know of any
omissions as soon as possible.  I’ll be double-checking the orders
on my end, but, if there’s a problem, I want to make it right in a
timely fashion.

This week’s sale ends when the new sale goes up on Monday, March 4.
As always, your orders are greatly appreciated.

Here are this week’s few remaining items...

AMERICAN CENTURY: HOLLYWOOD BABYLON by Howard Chaykin and others [Vertigo; 2002]. Reprints issues #5-9. Softcover. $2

BATMAN: NO MAN’S LAND VOLUME 4 [DC: 2012]. Over five hundred pages of full-color Batman and “Batman Family” comics by Devin Grayson, Greg Rucks, Dennis O’Neil and others, originally published in 1999 and 2000. Softcover. $10

ESSENTIAL MOON KNIGHT VOLUME 3 [Marvel; 2010]. Reprints issues #31-38, Moon Knight: Fist of Khonshu #1-6 plus Moon Knight stories from Marvel Fanfare #39 & 38-39, Solo Avengers #3 and Marvel Super-Heroes #1, including two issues written by me. Signed on request. Softcover. $10

FLIGHT VOLUME THREE [Ballantine Books; 2006]. Contains stories by Becky Cloonan and others. Softcover. $2

Thanks for your patronage.

Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment