Thursday, March 20, 2014

IS THAT...?

“Is that a snorkel in your pants, Mr. Bond? Or are you just glad to see me?

Your bloggy thing proprietor has been having a stressful week for a variety of reasons, most of which I don’t want to get into.  But I do want to thank my Facebook friends for their many good wishes for my father, who was taken to the hospital on Sunday.  Which was also his 89th birthday. Worst birthday ever.

Dad is doing better and I’m awaiting news on when he’ll be moved to a rehab facility. He’s got some serious physical therapy ahead of him, but I am hopeful the end result will be an improvement in the quality of his life.  He’s a good man and he deserves that.

This truncated bloggy thing is a last-minute replacement for a far  angrier piece I had written. Rereading it this morning, I realized it wasn’t worthy of me or you. So I ditched it.        

I’ll be back tomorrow with a full-sized bloggy thing. See you then, my amigos.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

3 comments:

  1. Your dad and your entire family just made the top of our prayer list. Stay frosty, good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is important! Good health to your dad and the rest of yours!
    It's good to write an angry letter or blog sometimes... and then not post it.
    Remco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late Night FerengiMarch 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM

    Believe it or not, I had this action figure as a kid! I soon grew very disappointed when it didn't have all the points of articulation that G.I. Joe had. To me it was not an action figure at the time but more of a statue that you put in a display case. You couldn't put James Bond in any action poses....and that to me....devalued this potentially great 007 action figure....

    Well any way that's how I saw it when I was a kid....

    ReplyDelete