Friday, March 14, 2014

ALIVE YET NOT ALIVE

It's update time!

Well-laid plans continue to go awry. On Thursday, I banged up my wrist when I slipped on some ice while getting the morning newspapers. Today, I'm suffering from something I ate that clearly was not good for me.

On the good news front, I'm making good progress on the paying gig on my desk.  I don't know if I will finish them in time for me to write a new blog for Monday, but I haven't given up on that yet.

Once I resume blogging, I would love to see more readers comments posted here.  While it's true I must approve all comments before they show up, I check on them several times a day.

I'd also love to see more reader comments on the "Tony's Tips" columns I write for Tales of Wonder.  

We seem to be heading into warmer weather here in Medina. If it stays warm, I'll be able to begin my preparations for this summer's Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales.  I need to be able to park our cars in the driveway before I can even start cleaning out the garage and setting up the tables.

Outside of  PulpFest in Columbus in August, I have no plans to attend any summer conventions or make any library, school or store appearances.  That could change, but, for now, I'm hoping/wanting to concentrate on my home and work projects.

Getting back to the bloggy thing...

"Rawhide Kid Wednesday" will appear almost every week.

I plan to devote at least one column a week to the new Valiant Comics titles. I've enjoyed what the publisher has sent me and think these comics are a solid alternative to the DC and Marvel comics.

Come April - fingers crossed - I hope to start another long series of writing about vintage comic books from a key month in my life. 

I've got some other things in mind as well, but my work break is over.

Have a great weekend!

Tony

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're going to keep looking at the Valiant stuff, Tony. I've been really pleased with just about everything they've put out so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my comment is OT but on the latest Marvel Agents of Shield. I loved the appearance of Lady Sif who is sadly under represented in the comic side. It was fun seeing a super powered character on the show and the only let down for me was the final battle between Lady Sif and Lorelei was a little bit of a let down. But a fun episode overall and my favorite of the MAoS shows so far.

    Sorry for the OT post but you sail Tony that you wanted more comments and you have commented on the show before in your blog so I thought I would add my comment.

    Dan Lorenzen

    ReplyDelete