Friday, September 26, 2014

GARAGE SALES ARE GO!

My last Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales of 2014 start today and continue tomorrow, Friday and Saturday, September 26 and 27, at the Isabella family garage at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The hours of the sale are as follows:

Friday, September 26: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 27: 5-7 pm

I spent nearly all day yesterday organizing the existing comics and other boxes and then restocking them from the two dozen or so boxes of stuff that I brought from my storage units at the secret Fortress of Storage earlier in the week.

When I took breaks from working, I posted garage sale notes on my Facebook page. Like this one:

I just realized last night that, because of the neighborhood garage sale, I can't restock with my garage door open. I'd lose too much time telling people that *my* sale doesn't start until tomorrow. This is a bummer.

Even I can't believe the great stuff I'm putting into the quarter boxes.

I did finally open my garage door in the late afternoon when the heat inside become too much for my aged and withered form.  I did have to turn away a few people who wanted to come in and see what I had, but they were cool about it.

I really went crazy on the quarter comics boxes. There are insane bargains to be found in them. Lots of them. I put so many comics in the boxes that I’ll only be able to do the most minimal of quarter comics restocking on Friday night.

I also posted this on Facebook about four hours later:

If you're coming to my garage sale, you should probably stop at your bank first and get all your money. You'll need it.

I have completed the restocking to such an extent I probably won't be able to restock the comics on Friday night. I will probably be able to do some good restocking on the hardcovers and trade paperbacks. Assuming I have the energy. Because I'm exhausted right now.

Finally, four more hours later, I posted this:

I hurt from my head to me toes. But it's the good kind of hurt.

Between the time I’m writing this on Thursday evening and today’s garage sale opening, I have a handful of tasks to complete. Nothing major. Make some signs. Sweep the garage a bit. Put a few more copies of 1000 Comic Books You Must Read out for sale. Move my van to my neighbor’s driveway so as to not block the view of the sale from the street. Bring out the cash box, the calculator and some pads of paper. Make sure I have a cold Pepsi or water bottle. All told, these tasks should take a hour and a half tops. With a little luck, I’ll have gotten a good night’s sleep.

See you at the garage sale!

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment