Friday, August 19, 2016

BACK ISSUE #91

TwoMorrows is one of my favorite publishers.  Their magazines and books have added my knowledge of comics history in an entertaining and lively fashion.  I’m not always able to read and review their works in a timely fashion, but, as I do with Anthony Tollin and his Sanctum Books, I will do my best to let you know whenever new books and magazines are released by the publisher.

Back Issue #91 [September, 2016; $8.95] is the “All-Jerks Issue” of this wonderful Will Eisner Award-nominated magazine. The Kevin Maguire cover shows Batman putting the “bonk” on Guy Gardner while announcing the “hero history of the GL you love to hate.” The other featured jerks include Namor, J. Jonah Jameson, Flash Thompson, DC Comics’ biggest blowhards, Reggie Mantle, the Heckler Obnoxio the Clown and me. Okay, there’s not actually an article on me in this issue, but I was interviewed for the Jameson piece. There are also comments from Rich Buckler, Kurt Busiek, John Byrne, Roger Stern, Steve Englehart, Tom DeFalco, Keith Giffen and others. This issue looks like a whole lot of fun. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment