Tuesday, May 22, 2018

CONVENTIONAL THINKING

My next convention appearance is the Cherry Capital Comic Con this weekend (Friday through Sunday) at the Grand Traverse Resort, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, Michigan. For more information on this event, check out yesterday’s bloggy thing.

This week is turning out to be more hectic than I would like. I’ve been nominated for an arts prize and preparing my submission will take most of a day. I have an afterword to write and three or four bloggy things and columns. Not to mention getting ready for Cherry Capital Comic Con. Sheesh!

I’ll be doing several other conventions this year and also holding a great many garage sales at Casa Isabella in Medina, Ohio. I had hoped to start the garage sales next weekend, but, while I was at the East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention, Saintly Wife Barbara hired a contractor to complete the work on our long-delayed master bedroom bathroom.

He set up his tile-cutting machinery in the garage. Which now looks like ground zero of a dust-bomb explosion. Which means I’ll need to spend a few days cleaning the garage before I can set up my display tables and fill them with wonderful items at incredibly low prices. That work will begin in earnest on my return from Michigan.

Here’s my appearances and garage sales schedule for the rest of the year. It’s possible I’ll be adding an appearance of two before the end of the year. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my eagerly-awaited (by me) August appearance at Connecticut’s Terrificon. With family, household and work stuff, I just couldn’t make the timing work for this year. Hopefully, I can attend next year.

Friday, June 8: Fingerlakes Comic Con

Saturday, June 9: Fingerlakes Comic Con

Sunday, June 10: Fingerlakes Comic Con

Friday, June 15: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, June 16: VAOS garage sale

Friday, June 22: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, June 23: VAOS garage sale

Friday, June 29: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, June 30: VAOS garage sale

Friday, July 6: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, July 7: VAOS garage sale

Friday, July 13: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, July 14: VAOS garage sale

Friday, July 20: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, July 21: VAOS garage sale

Friday, July 27: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, July 28: VAOS garage sale

Friday, August 3: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, August 4: VAOS garage sale

Friday, August 10: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, August 11: VAOS garage sale

Sunday, August 19: NEO Comic Con (North Olmsted)

Friday, August 24: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, August 25: VAOS garage sale

Friday, August 31: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, September 1: VAOS garage sale

Saturday, September 8: Hall of Heroes Museum

Sunday, September 9: Hall of Heroes Museum

Friday, September 28: Baltimore Comic Con

Saturday, September 29: Baltimore Comic Con

Sunday, September 30: Baltimore Comic Con

Saturday, November 3: Akron Comicon

Sunday, November 4: Akron Comicon

Friday, November 9: Grand Rapids Comic Con

Saturday, November 10: Grand Rapids Comic Con

Sunday, November 11: Grand Rapids Comic Con

Saturday, November 17: Great American Comic Convention (Las Vegas)

Sunday, November 18: Great American Comic Convention (Las Vegas)

Some additional notes:

All of the above are subject to change if my work requires me to be someplace other than Medina in the coming months. Such work is a long shot, but not outside the realm of possibility.

I’m scheduling so many garage sales because I’m determined to get rid of my three storage units by the end of the summer. That would save me just over $200 a month. So there will be many new items at each and every garage sale.

Depending on the always mercurial Ohio weather, these garage sales could be extended through September. In the same vein, should the weather turn against us on the already scheduled dates, I’ll cancel dates rather than risk injury to my customers. Always check my social media for updates.

The garage sales will be advertised in these bloggy things of mine, and also on Craig’s List, Facebook and Twitter. When you see those announcements, please share them with your friends.

In the past, I’ve advertised in the Medina Gazette. I’ll probably do that initially, but I may not do that for every garage sale. I may experiment with advertising in the Akron or Cleveland papers as well. Maybe even on our local cable provider. It kind of depends on how much money the garage sales bring in.

That’s all for now. I’ll be back soon with more stuff.
        
© 2018 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. You just added a big incentive for Dee and I to make a roadtrip to Elkhart and see this magnificent museum!

    ReplyDelete