Saturday, May 30, 2020

GARAGE SALE ANNOUNCEMENT


This is a tough call to make. There will be no public Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales this summer. 

My garage simply won't accommodate multiple visitors in what I feel would be a safe manner.

I'm going to continue working on the garage sale displays.

My plan is to offer one-at-at-time shopping by appointment. My goal is to start taking appointments on June 17.

I haven't decided how many appointments I'll make per day. Just that the appointments will not be limited to my usual days (Friday and Saturday) days and hours.

This decision breaks my heart. I've enjoyed hanging out with comics fans at these sales. I've made okay money at them and am unhappy my revenue stream will be taking another serious hit. But, tough call or not, it's the right call to make.

I'm going to try to open up some sort of online store in the near future. One that will be able to accept credit cards and PayPal payments. I'm still hoping to find someone to handle this store for me. I don't want to take away too much time from my writing.

If you must know the reasons for my decisions, it comes down to these things:

Too many fucking idiots who don't respect the seriousness of this pandemic. Not coincidentally, most (if not all of them) are science-denying Trumpers.

Hearing from several regular customers that they don't feel safe coming to public garage sales.These are customers I have the utmost respect for.

Realizing I don't have enough space to make my sales safe for multiple customers at a time.

I apologize if this announcement disappoints you. I share your disappointment. Hopefully, I'll be able to resume them in full in 2021.

Keep watching my Facebook pages and my bloggy thing for updates. Stay safe and sane, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a wise decision. As a person with multiple risk factors, and as a health professional with a small amount of real-world experience in public health and epidemiology, I thank you.

    ReplyDelete