Friday, May 19, 2023

BLOGSPOT HAS GONE INSANE

This is a test of sorts. Blogspot is removing years old posts claiming their contain malware or viruses. So I'm re-posting a blog they removed for this reason to see what happens.

TONY ISABELLA’S BLOGGY THING
Tuesday, December 3, 2016

IT STARTS WITH PENSACON 2017

My 2017 convention is coming together, though I am reconsidering my original plan to do two conventions a month from February through November. I’m not closing the door on doing conventions beyond the ones listed today, but they will have to be the right conventions.

My first convention of 2017 will be Pensacon, the Pensacola Comic Con, February 17-19, at the stellar Pensacola Bay Center. I had a blast at this event in 2016 and am excited to be returning for my second appearance.

The Pensacon 2017 guest list is as cool as it gets. If I list all of the guests, my gushing over them would fill this entire bloggy thing. From the media guest list, I’m very much looking forward to meeting and perhaps interviewing John Wesley Shipp of two different versions of The Flash and Tara Reid of Sharknado fame.

The comics guests include old friends like Neal Adams, Mike Grell, Steve Scott, Scott Shaw, Jose Delbo, Dave Dorman and many others. I hope to have a surprise for one of those fine gentleman when we see each other at the show.

I’ll have more information on Pensacon when we get a bit closer to it. In the meantime, you should visit the show website.

My second convention of 2017 is the Great Lakes Comic-Con, February 24-25, at Macomb Community College in Warren, Michigan. It will be my first time at this family-friendly event. As with Pensacon, I’ll have more to tell you as we get closer to the event. You can visit the GLCC website here.

Here’s the rest of my 2017 schedule so far...

March 11-12: Fantasticon (Toledo, Ohio)

March 17-19: Wizard World Cleveland [TENTATIVE!]

April 1-2: Gem City Comic Con (Dayton, Ohio)

April 29-30: Fantasticon (Lansing, Michigan)

May 19-20: East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention (Philadelphia)

July 14-16: G-Fest (Chicago)

July 27-30: PulpFest 2017 in Pittsburgh [TENTATIVE!]

August 20: NEO ComicCon 3.0 (North Olmsted, Ohio)

October 20-22: Grand Rapids Comic-Con (Grand Rapids, Michigan)

October 28-29: Akron Comicon/Monsterfestmania (Akron, Ohio)

There are some non-convention appearances under discussion for 2017 - libraries and schools - and perhaps a couple store appearances. If you’d like me to appear at your convention, library, school or bachelorette party, email me.

In addition to these appearances, I’m hoping to hold a whole bunch of my famous Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales this summer, right here in my home town of Medina, Ohio. I might even have some guest comics creators at some of these sales. I might even present a convention-style panel or two. Because I’m just crazy enough to do stuff like that.

That’s all for today. Come back tomorrow for a new installment of my hard-riding “Rawhide Kid Wednesday” series.  
 
© 2016 Tony Isabella


No comments:

Post a Comment