Sunday, March 24, 2024

TONY IN WONDERCON LAND (MARCH 29-31)


 

I’m a guest at this year’s WonderCon and I couldn’t be more excited about that. It’s been over a decade since I’ve attending a comics convention on the West Coast. Here’s the skinny...

WonderCon will be at the Anaheim Convention Center, Friday, March 29 through Sunday, March 31. The Center is adjacent to the Hilton Anaheim Hotel at 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802. The show hours are:

Friday: 11:30 AM–7:00 PM

Saturday: 10:00 AM–7:00 PM

Sunday: 10:00 AM–5:00 PM

For the most part, you’ll able to find me at Table E-02 in Artists Alley. My plan is to be at the table two hours on and one hour off, except for my spotlight panel or when I’m attending other panels. Saintly Wife Barb and our kids Eddie and Kelly will also be there, giving you the opportunity to meet some of the most patient people you’ll ever meet.

The Comics Arts Conference Session #2–Focus on Tony Isabella panel is scheduled for Friday 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm. I will not be signing before/during/after the panel. I’ll be happy to sign your Isabella items at my table for a minimal fee.

That minimal fee is $10 per signature. I don’t charge for photos of or with me. I also don’t charge extra for signatures witnessed by representatives of CGC or other grading companies. Besides signing at my table, I’ll also have copies for sale of July 1963: A Pivotal Month in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella Volume One ($20) and the exclusive-to-me reprint of Misty Knight’s first appearance. The latter is one of the best bargains at WonderCon, just ten bucks for a signed and numbered limited edition issue. A mere 1500 of these were printed and the cover does not appear on any other version of this reprint.

NOTE: All sales are cash only.

While I catch my breath, I’ll share this next bit from the event website:

WonderCon features 900+ exhibitors in a 412,000–square-foot Exhibit Hall filled with comics, original art, toys, and merchandise from many popular artists, publishers, and retailers. You can expect exclusive movie and television programming, panels featuring the top comics professionals, autographs, games, portfolio reviews, the Masquerade, and so much more.   

The guest list includes dear old friends of mine as well as comics creators I want to meet. I’m not naming names because I don’t want to give them a chance to make a run for it.

I especially want to meet YOU at WonderCon. If you’d like to talk about working with me, I'm available for paying gigs: comic books, comic strips, acting and more. If you just want to say "hi," that's also very cool. If you want to book me for an event, we can discuss what that would take. If you want to give me review copies of your comics, I'll read them asap.

With thanks to the nice and extremely patient WonderCon staff, I’m looking forward to the event and will do my best to make your own visit there a happy and even memorable one.

© 2024 Tony Isabella

2 comments:

  1. As much as I'd like to go, it's just not economically feasible. I have a hard enough time being able to attend local conventions without travelling to the other side of the country. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was WonderCon for you, Tony? What were your favorite events?

    ReplyDelete