Yes, this bloggy thing is very late. I’ve had a lot going on in my life and transition. G-Fest. Comic-Con International. Neocon. Planning my first gender-affirming surgery. Planning for a legal name change. Trying to be there for other members of the trans community. Working on my garage sales. To quote too many movies, I’m getting way too old for this.
Yet I persist. I’m staying home in August and September. I’ll be writing and doing garage sales. The writing things I’m working on are, to my mind, amazing. The garage sales are to buy me time for the writing and to pay for my gender care. I’ll say more at the appropriate times.
We proceed…
June 1: Spider-Noir (Amazon Prime). Ben Reilly is a down-on-his-luck private eye with powers. Set in the 1930s with Nicholas Cage in the lead, this series is one of the best Marvel series ever. Utterly riveting. I watched all eight episodes in one day. Highly recommended.
June 2: DC Finest: Sgt. Rock: The Rock of Easy Co. by Kanigher, Haney, Kubert and others. I’ve amassed quite the stack of these volumes. They give me nostalgic feels and a greater appreciation for the craft that went into them.
June 3: CNN’s Craig Ferguson: American on Purpose. Two episodes in and I’m enjoying the heck out of the comedian’s journeys in his adopted country. It’s funny and informative. As he has ever been. Ferguson is a treasure.
June 4: Gender Queer: The Annotated Edition by Maia Kobabe is a new edition of one of the most important LGBTQ+ comics memoirs of all time. It won’t be a fast reread, but I’ve no doubt it will be well worth the effort.
June 5: The Delivery by Andrew Welsh-Huggins. It’s the author’s second freelance courier Mercury Carter novel. I like Carter’s ability to face the unexpected and quickly execute plans to deal with it. It’s a page-turner and highly recommended.
June 6: The Four Seasons. Barb and I watched and love this Netflix comedy-drama show. Wonderful relatable characters with great performances from the actors. Terrific plot twists. Funny and often moving writing. Highly recommended.
June 7: The Four Seasons. Even among one of the most stellar casts, Anne (Kerri Kenney-Silver) and Ginny (Erika Henningsen) became my favorite characters. So much range. Their characters’ unexpected bond sealed the deal.
June 8: Minding the Store: A Big Story about a Small Business by Julie Gaines and Ben Lenovitz. An utterly captivating tale of life and retail. I think it would make a great limited series on a streaming platform.
June 9: PRIDE IN THE CLE. It was another glorious celebration of and show of support for the LGBTQ+ community. I felt completely in my space and will have many cool stories to share with you in a near-future bloggy thing.
June 10: The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide 2026. Fifty-five years in the making. A thousand pages of comic-book happiness and information. I have the paperback. I’m not sure I could lift the hardcover edition. An incredible achievement.
June 11: Medina’s PRIDE ON THE SQUARE. A wonderful gathering of local queer people and our allies. I got to introduce my son Ed to one of my dearest trans friends. I saw many friends, fans and even garage sale customers. So affirming. We are always stronger together.
June 12: Squatters: Get the F*** Out of My House. This series is seriously scary. Brutal interlopers. Homeowners arrested by the police. Diabolical con artists. I almost never want to leave my house again. Watch it on Hulu.
June 13: Supergirl’s Family Vacation by Brandon T. Snider and Sarah Leuver. A thriller that combines relatable family dynamics with fantastic settings and a welcome warning about giving in to totalitarian leaders. I loved it!
June 14: Liberty Girl Archives Volume 1. From Heroic Publishing, this hefty tome collects hundreds of pages of Liberty Girl tales plus a foreword by me. I’ve always loved this patriotic heroine. She’s courageous and sexy without being crude.
June 15: Phantom Fireworks is the leading retailer of consumer fireworks in the U.S. The billboards and stores are everywhere. Their most recent TV ads feature a live-action Phantom. I don’t have a good photo, but the costume is very well done.
June 16: Barb and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary with a road trip to check out some wondrous Columbus thrift shops and then enjoy a great meal at Der Dutchman. That’s 42 years in the books and heading to 43.
June 17: Margo’s Got Money Troubles by Rufi Thorpe. An unwed mom launches an Only Fans page to support her and her son. That’s an inadequate description of this novel. Cool characters, drama, humor and a warm heart. Maybe the best book I’ve read in 2026.
June 18: Giant Monsters in Italian Cinema by Gilberto Neri is a film history book I didn’t know I needed. The prose is dry and repetitive, but the information presented is fascinating. I got a kick out of reading about Caltiki the Immortal Monster, a long-time favorite of mine.
June 19: Deadman. In Justice League Red, writer Saladin Ahmed has a terrific take on Boston Brand. He longs for human contact, to be able to talk with people without possessing someone. It makes the character all the more relatable.
June 20: Sherlock Holmes and the Empire Builders: The Gene Genie Treasure Edition by Joel Meadows and Andy Bennett. An adventure so big I needed to read it on my kitchen table. A cool new take on Holmes with distinctive visuals and a cautionary tale for our own country.
June 21: Supergirl. I absolutely loved this movie. That I found Milly Alcock’s superb Kara so challenging and relatable does not diminish my love for the Supergirl of the 1960s. My heart is big enough for both of them.
June 22: Jeopardy and Mile High Comics. The question to a June 24 answer was the legendary Jason Street store in Denver, which is the largest such establishment in the country. Well-deserved recognition to this comics landmark.
June 23: Memorial tree. In lieu of flowers or a cash donation, I honored the deceased father of a friend by having a tree planted in his name. I hope his family likes the idea that something new is growing because of their loved one.
June 24: Will Trent. I binge-watched the final episodes of this ABC show. Incredibly riveting storytelling with a season finale that was somehow what we needed. Next season will hit the ground running.
June 25: Mickey Mouse Versus the Mouseton Society of Evil by Nicholas Pothier and Jonah Pilet has our hero’s old foes joining forces and Mickey calling together his own team to combat them. A large-size graphic novel filled with great characters and wild futuristic action.
June 26: The Flash #31 by Ryan North & Gavin Guidry. This might be the best super-hero comic I’ve read this year. Original and downright diabolical. Recommended to me by the staff at Carol & John’s Comics in Cleveland and now I recommend it to you. \
June 27: Who Killed Nessie? By Paul Cornell and Rachael Smith. It’s a fantastical murder mystery with a human trying to uncover the killer of a legendary creature. It delivers some laughs and plays fair with the readers.
June 28: Universal Monsters: The Invisible Man by James Tynion IV and Dani is a slow-building chiller that left me wanting much more. I hope there’s a sequel in the works. Recommended.
June 29: The Human Vapor. Toho turned a 1960 horror movie into a chilling TV series. It had great acting. It was suspenseful. It was honestly scary at times. The door is open for a sequel and I am 100% on board for that.
June 30: HGTV. I know I’ve praised individual shows, but I have to give kudos to the network at large. They always come up with interesting new series. It’s also a safe place. No disturbing political content. So relaxing.
Here are the “best of show” winners.
BEST COMIC BOOK: The Flash #31
BEST BOOK: Margo’s Got Money Troubles by Rufi Thorpe
BEST MOVIE OR TV SHOW: Spider-Noir
BEST PERSON: Craig Ferguson
BEST OTHER THING: Medina’s Pride on the Square
I’ll be back soon with more stuff.
© 2026 Tony Isabella








No comments:
Post a Comment