Tuesday, December 30, 2014

WANTED: COMICS BUYER’S GUIDE AND WIZARD

This bloggy thing of mine will return in all its glory and then some on Thursday, January 1, 2015. In the meantime, I’m using today’s and tomorrow's bloggies to help out a couple comics fans who made requests of me that I was unable to fulfill.

Here’s a note I received from Chris Chubb:

Hi. My name is Chris Clubb and I was wondering if there are people just like me who are more interested in the history of comic books from older publications like Comic Buyer's Guide and Wizard. Most of these wonderful magazine books go way back, before I was born. I’m looking to educate myself via these magazines. If there are serious fans that are now getting rid of their collections of these magazines, I’d like to hear from them.

If there is anyone that dose not want their back issues of CBG and Wizard, I’m very interested in buying them, particularly the much older issues of CBG when it was a newspaper. I want to learn about the history of comic books as well as the economics of buying and selling comic books.


Back to Tony:

Chris seems to be a pretty nice guy. He’s sincere in his desire to learn more about the history of comic books and in buying old comic books wisely. He’s 46 years old, lives in Glendale, California, and can be contacted via email.

I haven’t come across any duplicate copies of CBG while searching through my world-famous Vast Accumulation of Stuff. I’m hoping some of my beloved readers will be able to accommodate Chris’ request.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another request. It’s part of my plan to make Santa’s 2015 nice list without doing any actual work myself. See you then.

© 2014 Tony Isabella

2 comments:

  1. We could start his education by suggesting he not turn to Wizard for any sort of real information about the history of comics unless he specifically wants to see what went horribly wrong with the industry in the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he would be best served starting with THE COMIC READER. A tremendous resource for the '70s and early '80s. I have many of them (not willing to part with) but I often re-read them. Many famous artists and writers contributed before they were so famous. Many on-line comic stores have many issues in stock, some cheap, some not.

    ReplyDelete