Friday, March 6, 2015

CONVENTIONAL THINKING

Where’s Tony? He could be coming to a convention, library, school or store near you.

Sometime next week, I’ll be sitting down and going over the various invitations I’ve received to be a convention guest, to give talks at libraries and schools, to do signings at comic-book shops and to appear at other events. The plan is for me to make two appearances a month, commencing in April. I’m staying home in March to handle various matters and make as certain as humanly possible that I will be able to fulfill all my future commitments.

If you’ve contacted me in the past about a 2015 appearance, please contact me again to confirm your interest. If you haven’t contacted me, you should do that sooner rather than later. Those two monthly spots could get filled quickly.

My minimum requirements for most appearances are hotel and travel expenses, some sort of per diem for meals and a table where I can sign Isabella-written stuff and sell various items from my famous Vast Accumulation of Stuff. There are occasions when I will charge an appearance or speaking fee, but those occasions have been rare and are likely to remain so.

If you’re interested in having me appear at your convention, store, library, school or event, e-mail me as soon as possible. I’ll get back to you within a day or three.

Once an agreement for me to appear is in place, I’ll promote said appearance in all the online venues available to me and at my other appearances. Given time to prepare, I’m always happy to appear on convention panels or host them. In a pinch, and if it’s a subject that truly engages me, I can jump on a panel with as little as two hours notice. I’ve ridden in a lot of rodeos.

I can’t guarantee that my presence at your event will sell enough tickets to cover the cost of bringing me to the event. What I can guarantee is that I will do everything I can to make sure the fans who attend your event enjoy whatever time they spend with me. I’m fun that way.

That’s all for now. My full-size and nigh-daily bloggy things will be back very soon.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. If Tony arrives at a convention in my town, I will be the first at the airport to meet him, so that I can buy him a ticket back home thus saving him from the horror that my town calls a "convention".

    Or, you know, he can always hang out at my house for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete