Saturday, July 11, 2015

IT'S LEGAL!

The above is from the 2015 Comic-Con Preview issue of Entertainment Weekly. My initial reaction to seeing Peppermint Patty and Marcie from the Peanuts comic strip used to celebrate the Supreme Court ruling that marriage equality is a constitutional right was amusement. My second reaction was "But they're just kids!" Oh, sure, I understand this gag has been around for a long time, but the fact that they are kids makes me a little uncomfortable. Not as uncomfortable as the "Love Is..." characters, but uncomfortable. We should love and protect and support gay kids. I'm not sure we should use them to illustrate the adult institution of marriage.

Full-length blogging is still going to be erratic throughout July. However, I will try to post mini-blogs like this one as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment