Saturday, March 26, 2016

GEM CITY COMIC CON (April 2-3)

Gem City Comic Con is my next convention appearance. The event will take place on Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3, at the Dayton Convention Center in Dayton, Ohio. The official show hours are 10 am to 5 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 4 pm on Sunday. I plan to be at the show from start to finish each day.

The guest list includes such stellar comics creators as Mark Waid, John Ostrander, Joe Staton, Bob Hall, John Beatty, Joe Rubenstein, Christy Blanch, Dan Parent, Craig Boldman and dozens more. This is a true comics convention, perfect for those of you who like comics to be at the forefront of these events.

Panel-wise, you’ll get a chance to Meet Tony Isabella in Room B on Saturday at noon. Hosting this “anything I want to talk about” event will be the lovely and talented (so I’m told) Paul Carbonaro. Paul will have questions for me. You’ll have questions for me. I’ll have questions for you and Paul. We’ll laugh, we’ll cry, I’ll tell you about the son Mark Waid never knew he had. It’ll be the stuff of legends. Maybe even legends of tomorrow. You never know. Someone may ask me the right question and, caught up in the moment, I may tell you something I shouldn’t ought to tell you.

Of course, if I don’t to get to ask me that burning question that’s been on your mind, you can always swing by Table AH15 in Creators Corner. Except for when I’m doing my panel, taking breaks or just wandering aimlessly looking for love and cool old comic books, I’ll be signing comics and selling stuff. As always, there is no charge for my signature.

What will I be selling? I will have a ridiculously small supply of Black Lightning Volume One unless I luck out and get a much bigger shipment in before the convention. I will have a limited supply of the rare double-sided Superman poster I helped design for the 1988 International Superman Expo in Cleveland. I will have as many old Isabella books and comics as can be found in my Vast Accumulation of Stuff. I’ll have a box or two of dollar comics. I’ll have a box of hardcovers and trade paperbacks, mostly priced at half of their original costs. I love you all, I truly appreciate your support for my work all these years and I want your money. Not all of it. Just enough so that I can spread the bills on my bed when I get home and dive into it like a porpoise and burrow through it like a gopher and toss it up and let it hit me on the head.

Back to reality.

I’ll be arriving on Friday to set up my table and leaving directly after the show on Sunday. In between those times, I am reasonably available to do interviews or podcasts. It’s best to arrange such things in advance, so, if you have such a request, e-mail me to set up the time and the place.

This will be my first time doing a show in Dayton and I’m looking forward to the event. I hope to see you there.

I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2016 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. Jesse and Bill put on a fun, comic-centric show, it's well run and still has an Old School comic show flavor to it. It's a fine show to open up the season in the Midwest, especially if you can't quite afford C2E2

    Rick Santman

    ReplyDelete