Tuesday, November 29, 2016

15 SECONDS OF FAME

Well, it looks like it's time for me to go away and never inflict myself on decent people again. I mean, I'm writing a new comic-book series and more. Characters I created are showing up on TV. My bloggy thing has reached a million views. I have a wonderful family and friends. My Facebook page is always busy. I am invited to be a guest at a great many conventions. Not a day goes by without someone telling me how much something I've written or done has meant to them. Yet, it's all for naught. My eyes have been opened by the anonymous truth-bearer who attempts to post his wisdom to my bloggy thing every day. His latest:

"Isabella you are a midget physically and mentally. You were a loathsome boor when I knew you in the seventies. Now you are a delusional, self-righteous and loathsome boor."

So I guess that's it. I'm out of here. Sorry to have bothered everyone for all these decades of my professional life. I only wish I could find that anonymous soul a job since, apparently, he hasn't been able to find even seasonal work this year.

No, I can't do that to him (or her). I'm going to keep going on, if only to give him a reason to get up in the morning. I'll keep blogging and writing, my secret friend. You keep attempting to post to my blog. I treasure your every communication. It's why I keep them to myself. They are too precious to share.

Merry Christmas! Happy holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Glad you're sticking around. I look forward to reading your blog most mornings. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed that people type such tripe, and equally amazed when they send it. Don't they stop at some point in the composition process to question why they waste time on spreading anonymous hate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on keepin' on my friend. And a Merry Christmas (even though it's not even December yet) to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete