Monday, September 16, 2024

FLAMING RIVER CON 2024

 


FLAMING RIVER CON 2024 is a special nerd and pop culture event, celebrating LGBTQIA+ geek culture and featuring queer vendors, art, comics, books, zines, podcasts, panels and workshops. It’s at the Cleveland Heights Community Center, 1 Monticello Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio 44118. This will be my third year attending as a guest. I’m thrilled beyond words to be returning to one of my favorite conventions of them all.

I’ll be appearing on the Social Justice and Comics panel, 10:30 am to 11:15 am. I’ll also be at the VIP Party, 3:30 pm to 4:15 pm where I’ll be happy to answer questions, sign any Isabella comics you have (for free) and talk comics in general.

The vendors room will have 40 tables filled with cool stuff from all over the community. Last year, I bought a bunch of books and comics. There will also be several non-profits exhibiting at the event and sharing solid information about rights and available services. At this time in our troubled history, we need to know all we can to protect ourselves and those we love.

Other panels and programming will include “First Steps to Self-Sufficiency,” “Cartoons 4 Change,” Sci-Fi Queer Erotica,” “Queerness Mental Health and Pop Culture Representation,” “Intersections and Sci-Fi,” “To Boldly Go: One Small Step for Trans Woman in STEM,” “Finding Your People” and more. There will be cosplay and a writing workshop for kids, an intro to table top gaming, gaming and Pokemon Parties.

The Flaming River Con is a family-friendly event. Entry is free, but a $5 donation at the door is suggested. Take it from me, my friends, it’ll be about the best $5 you have ever spent.

© 2024 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment