Friday, July 13, 2012

GARAGE SALE DAY ONE

My garage sale was very successful.  My thanks to all my customers.

In fact, it was so successful that, when my son Eddie came home for the weekend earlier tonight, he and I drove to my secret storage fortress and brought 8-10 boxes of comics, manga, trade paperbacks, and even hardcovers back to the garage.  We are restocked and ready for tomorrow's sale.

That's 840 Damon Drive, Medina, OH, Saturday, July 14, from 10 am to 6 pm. 

In other Tony news...the bloggy thing may not resume until next weekend.  I'll be going back to Marietta with Eddie on Sunday to handle some business with his new house and may not get back to Medina for a few days.  So, if you can't in touch with me online, that's why.

Look for another garage sale update tomorrow evening.

Tony

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could hit your sale, Tony! Maybe in my new career as a truck driver, some day I might happen to be in your neck of the woods when you're having a sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late Night FerengiJuly 14, 2012 at 2:21 AM

    Tony,

    Congrats on your sale. Do you sell DVD's too? I have been looking for Batman: The Animated Series Season 2. On Amazon it's $33 dollars. However about two months ago it was $18. If you have Season Two of Batman:The Animated Series let me know.


    I was lucky enough to get Batman: TAS season three at Wal Mart for $15 because it had Bane on the cover. The 4th season was around $15 also, which I was lucky to get at something resembling the original price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The few DVDs I had sold on Saturday. I told dozens of anime video tapes at a quarter apiece, many manga books at a buck apiece, and a bunch of manga magazines (like Shonen Jump) at a quarter each. What made that so great was that we barely sold any of the above last summer.

    I still have a few dozen VHS tapes left, including old Warner Bros and Disney cartoons and various movies. All at a quarter apiece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late Night FerengiJuly 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

      Thanks for the prompt reply. I am thinking of just waiting until the new Batman movie has any promotions on Amazon at the time of it's release.

      I probably have to wait until the 20th. I just think it's so unfair to double the price on something that was just $15 a few short weeks ago.
      Batman: The Animated Series Season Two will eventually drop in price and if it doesn't something better will replace it.


      There is going to be a new CGI cartoon of Batman coming up on Cartoon Network. Much like the new Green Lantern one.

      I have played the waiting game with a lot of over-priced DVD's and have found that they all come down in price eventually.

      Delete