Thursday, March 8, 2018

WEEKEND UPDATE

My big weekend plans involve being the Comics Guest of Honor at the Cleveland ConCoction convention Friday through Sunday, March 9-11, at the Bertram Inn and Convention Center in Aurora, Ohio. I wrote about this convention on Monday and Tuesday...and you can learn more by visiting the event’s website.

I’ll be pacing myself the rest of this week and into next week as I work through a long list of odds and ends. There will be bloggy things next week, but I don’t know if they will start before next Tuesday. More on that in a bit.

My appearance schedule is filling up swiftly. I don’t anticipate adding any shows to March or April, but I never say never. If you are putting on a convention or some other event and would like me there, e-mail me and I’ll give you my conditions for my appearances. And, as always, it’s no foul if you can’t meet my conditions. I’m a great date, but I’m not a cheap date and, having worked with my pal Roger Price on dozens of his Mid-Ohio-Con shows, I know that money can get tight for promoters.

Here’s my current 2018 schedule...

March 24: Cleveland Public Library Coffee and Comics

April 27-29: East Coast Comicon

May 5: Toys Time Forgot (Free Comic Book Day)

May 18-19: East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention

June 8-10: Fingerlakes Comic Con

July 13-15: G-Fest

August 17-18: TerrifiCon (Connecticut)

August 19: NEO Comic Con (North Olmsted)

September 8-9: Hall of Heroes Museum

September 28-30: Baltimore Comic Con

November 3-4: Akron Comicon

November 9-11: Grand Rapids Comic Con

November 17-18: Great American Comic Convention (Las Vegas)

To answer a frequently asked question, I’m not currently planning to attend this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego. I’m leaving the dates open if something changes and I am able to attend, but, for the present, it’s most likely I won’t be there.

What will “pacing myself” look like next week?

As regards the bloggy thing, you can expect several trip reports. Though it happened last year, I want to write about my trip to New York City for a special screening of The Defenders. It was a very cool visit and I want to share it with you. It will certainly take more than one day's worth of bloggy things.

I’ve got some things to say about Marvel Legacy and my quick trip to Brooklyn, New York to be interviewed on camera for a documentary project about that publisher’s legacy. That also might run to two days.

After that, I hope to regale you with my convention reports on the one-day Action! event in Windsor, the glorious Pensacon in Florida and, of course, the Cleveland ConCoction.

Besides writing the travel bloggy things, I’ll be planning upcoming interviews, finalizing my convention plans and deciding on my next writing projects. Clearly, I do not completely grasp the concept of “pacing myself.”

This is an exciting and insanely busy time for me. But it would not have happened without the support of my family, my friends and my readers. I’ll do my best to never take any of you lightly.

Thanks for stopping by. I’ll see you next week.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

1 comment: