Tuesday, June 5, 2018

FINGERLAKES COMIC CON YEAR TWO (June 8-10)

The Fingerlakes Comic Con will be my next convention appearance. I’ll be appearing all three days Friday, June 8-Sunday, June 10) at the Fingerlakes Mall Event Center in Auburn, New York. Joining me will be several comics creators and a couple of actors who appeared in various incarnations of Star Trek.

The comics creators include the deservedly legendary Don McGregor - lately, Don and I are on the road together more than Bing Crosby and Bob Hope - Bill Anderson, Bob Hall, Carl Potts, Charles Barnett III, Joe Orsak, Kevin Conrad, Michelle Delecki, Peter Gillis, Roger Stern and Rusty Gilligan. The two Star Trek guests are J. G. Hertzler, who played General Martok in Star Trek: DS9 and Tim McCormack, who is best known for playing Ensign Bennett in the first four seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

The show hours:

Friday (4-8 pm)
Saturday (10 am - 6 pm)
Sunday (10 am - 5 pm)

On Saturday from 11 am to noon on the main stage, I’ll be appearing on something called the TONY ISABELLA PANEL. You have to admire a convention that gets right to the point like that.

Here’s the description:

Take a seat at the Main Stage and witness history being made as the legendary TONY ISABELLA takes center stage to answer questions from fans and tell stories of his experiences in the comic book industry and life itself.

If you’ve come to any of my spotlight panels, you know they can go all over the place. I’ll tell you amusing stories. I’ll tell you some not-so-amusing stories. I’ll answer your questions on just about anything as honestly as I can...with the caveat that there may be questions I can’t answer due to non-disclosure agreements I might have signed.

I’ll have a booth or table on the convention floor. What I bring to sell depends on what I have on hand. Odds are excellent that I’ll have Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands #1-6, Black Lightning trade paperbacks, Black Lightning posters, Daredevil and Luke Cage mini-posters, facsimile editions of the historically fascinating Green Book softcovers that were originally published to direct African-American travelers to safe havens as they crossed the United States in the 1940s thru the 1960s, copies of July 1963: A Pivotal Month  in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella and other items. I’ll bring as much stuff as I can fit into whatever vehicle I’m driving to the show.

My signing policy for this show is as follows:

If you visit my table at the convention, I’ll be delighted to sell you Black Lightning comic books, posters, scripts and trades. I’ll also have copies of July 1963: A Pivotal Month in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella Volume One. As always, if you buy items from me, I sign them for free.

My signing fees are modest. I’ll sign any one item not purchased from me for free. After that first free signature, I charge $2 per item.

If you bring a representative of any grading company to witness my signature, the price goes up to $5 per item. The same if you ask me to sign a certificate of authenticity.

Photos of me or with me are free at this time. At some point in the future, I plan to offer some staged photos of me. I won’t know the price on those until I find out what they’ll cost me.

Some other notes...

Cosplayers: please make your way around to my table. I would love to see your costumes and get photos of you for this bloggy thing. Especially if you’re cosplaying as characters I created or that I have written.

Editors and publishers: I am not under exclusive contract at this time. I’m always happy to discuss my working with you. Maybe it’s me, but I think From the Creator of Black Lightning at the top of a project we do will get said project some attention.

I’m looking forward to the Fingerlakes Comic Con and hope to see a bunch of my friends and readers there. For more information on this event, check out the convention’s Facebook page.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment