Friday, June 15, 2018

GARAGE SALES ARE GO!

                                                                                 
My first Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale of 2018 is pretty much 100% ready to go. When dawn breaks, I’ll hang a huge Superman poster next to the garage door so my customers will know they are at the right place. I like to think of it as the cheap-ass version of that giant key outside Superman’s Fortress of Solitude. Once that task is completed, I’ll bring out the cash box, change, sales pad, signing pens, writing pens and whatever else I’ll need for the sale. I’m currently half-anxious and half-excited about this first sale. It’s been too long since I’ve had one.

The VAOS garage sale takes place at Casa Isabella, 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio today and tomorrow, June 15-6, 9 am to 1 pm each day. After I finish writing this, I’ll spend a couple hours working on additional sales items for restocking. My neighbor Sue is helping me, so I might even be able to restock during the sale.

My friends Martin and Pam Arlt are coming in from Michigan for the garage sale and to spend a quick vacation in nearby Cleveland. We usually see each other at G-Fest, but, alas, this year I won’t be able to attend. I had too many unexpected expenses this year to be able to afford a convention that wasn’t directly related to comics and my business thereof. I hope to return to G-Fest next year and again participate in that event’s fine programming. After the sale, my son Ed and I hope to take them to lunch at one of Medina’s many fine eateries.

Over the weekend, in between my garage sale stuff, I’ll be writing a pitch for a comic-book mini-series that I think is something we haven’t seen before. It would star two characters I’ve written in the past, but I’m not gonna tell you which ones.

Other writing stuff for the weekend: a couple of bloggy things, my weekly “Tony’s Tips” column and researching for a short comic-book story I’ve agreed to write for a client I haven’t worked for prior to this. Then, come Thursday, Ed and I will be flying to New York for a special screening of the premiere episode of Luke Cage Season Two.

The screening is Friday morning and Netflix drops the entire season later that day. But, since Marvel was kind enough to invite me to this screening and since I don’t get to see my Marvel pals often, I decided to make the trip. If all works out, we’ll also go out to dinner with my godchild Kara and her mom.

Come the following Monday and I’m on the move again. Saintly Wife Barb and I will be flying to Los Angeles for the world premiere of Ant-Man and the Wasp. To show how secure I am in our marriage, I’m taking Barb there even though I know she used to have an enormous crush on Michael Douglas.

That’s all I have for you today. I’ll be back tomorrow with stuff to amuse and inform you. Failing that, it’ll just be another one of these columns I write mostly to remind myself of what I should be doing next. Always forward.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry so much about Michael so much as I would that dad of his getting all touchy-feeley....

    ReplyDelete