Thursday, June 7, 2018

TONY TRIES TO GET THE HANG OF THURSDAY

My big job today is getting ready for this weekend’s Fingerlakes Comic Con. It takes place June 8-10, at the Fingerlakes Mall Event Center in Auburn, New York. I’ll be there with comics guests Don McGregor, Bill Anderson, Bob Hall, Carl Potts, Charles Barnett III, Joe Orsak, Kevin Conrad, Michelle Delecki, Peter Gillis, Roger Stern and Rusty Gilligan. There are also two Star Trek guests: J.G. Hertzler (General Martok in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Tim McCormack (Ensign Bennett in Star Trek: The Next Generation). Not to mention a passel of comics and other vendors.

On Saturday from 11 am to noon on the main stage, I’ll be starring in something called the “TONY ISABELLA PANEL.” It’s a one-man play about a writer facing the horrors of a new day from his childhood to his untimely death from a paper cut while signing a copy of the Black Lightning Omnibus.

No. I’m just shitting you. It’ll be my usual blend of news, views, reviews, answers to questions, tales of my life and my decades in the comics industry. Just your basic a little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down my pants.

Convention promoter Joey Gates, who just had a birthday so please wish him well at the event, has set me up with two tables. Besides my usual cool Black Lightning and Tony Isabella things, I’ll almost certainly have cool items from my Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales. I’m not set up to take credit/debit cards, but will gladly accept cash for these fine goods.

The show hours are:

Friday (4-8 pm)
Saturday (10 am - 6 pm)
Sunday (10 am - 5 pm)
                                                                           
                                                                     
Next week’s main job will be getting ready for my very first VAOS (Vast Accumulation of Stuff) garage sale of the summer. That will take place on June 15-16, followed by sales on June 22-23 and June 29-30. I’m determined to make a huge dent in the VAOS this summer, so you’ll be seeing some amazing items that I thought I would never let go of. Times change, our kids have moved out, and thoughts of downsizing to a smaller house are swirling through my head and that of Saintly Wife Barb. It’s time to get draconian about reducing the countless items I’ve amassed over my life. I’ll have more on the first garage sale early next week.

******************************
I may not have a new bloggy thing for you tomorrow. It depends on how quickly I get ready for the Fingerlakes Comic Con, but you can always use any bloggy thing down time to catch up on the hundreds/thousands of bloggy things achieved at this site.

If you want more, you can check out my weekly “Tony’s Tips” column at Tales of Wonder. Every week, I review a trio of comics-related items: comic books, collections of comics, graphic novels, manga, cartoons, movies and TV shows. You can read it here.

I currently have three Facebook pages. My main page is my personal page. I post a lot of cool stuff there. My secondary Facebook page is The Official Tony Isabella Message Board, which has other cool stuff and is politics-free. Finally, for your spiritual needs, I’m the humble pastor of the First Church of Godzilla page. All praise the great scaly one who protects us with his fiery atomic love. It can be a tough love, but, after all, the big G has to contend with the folly of man.

Want to follow me on Twitter? You can find me here.

Coming soon: a Tony Isabella podcast and/or YouTube page. I’ll be starting work on those shortly.

I’m also working on various books and comics projects. As those get closer to completion and publication, I’ll be telling you about all of them as well.

Whew! I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment