Monday, April 17, 2023

CHECKING IN

 

 

It’s been a month since I posted the first part of my Pensacon 2023 report and a crazy wonderful month it’s been. The highlight would Saintly Wife Barb and I traveling to Singapore where I was a guest speaker at Cosfest: Gardens by the Bay. It was one of the greatest moments of my life and I’ll tell you all about it as soon as I get some other stuff off my desk.

At the tip top of my “things to do” list is a one-shot comic book I’ll be writing. I’m not going into any details at this point, but I start work on it tomorrow. That first day will consist of doing some basic research, communicating with the client, fleshing out a main character and writing a short story pitch. When I can tell you more, I will. Until then, you can expect me to post brief progress notes on my Facebook page.

Here’s a sort of bloggy thing checklist of what you can expect to see in this bloggy thing in the next few weeks.

I’ll be finishing/posting my Pensacon 2023 report.

I’ll be writing/posting the long-delayed “Things That Make Me Happy in March” column.

I’ll be writing/posting my Singapore/Cosfest trip report. I’m sure that will amount to several days worth of bloggy things.

In addition...

I’ll be writing new gags for John Lustig’s Last Kiss and might have some exciting news for you on that front.

I’ll also be working on my Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales for this summer. Because of my bum knee, that might be a bit more difficult than in previous years. Nevertheless, I will persist in bringing you the best damn garage sales in the area.

Speaking of the bum knee, some of you have sent private messages to express their concern. Yes, it’s true I needed a wheelchair making my way through various airports. Because even the most comfortable airline seats can trigger the bum knee, especially in the cases of the very long flights to and from Singapore.

Cosfest was held in a venue that was a bit of a hike. So I needed assistance navigating to and from there. No cause for concern there either.  Most of the time the only assistance I ever need is from  the legendary “Purple Cane,” my resplendent tribute to Prince. At home and in many places, I don’t even need the cane.

That catches you up for now. I’ll be back as soon as possible with the continuation of my Pensacola 2023 report.

© 2023 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. Tony! I'm so glad to hear that you had a fun and fruitful Singapore trip! Quick Kaiju question: does Singapore have any of their own Kaiju? I'd love to find something like that on DVD!

    ReplyDelete