Friday, November 24, 2023

GALAXYCON COLUMBUS: DECEMBER 1-3, 2023

 


My last convention appearance of the year will be the impressive GalaxyCon Columbus at the Greater Columbus Convention Center from December 1 through 3. Event hours: Friday 2 pm to 2 am, Saturday 10 am to 2 am and Sunday 10 am to 8 pm. Exhibition hall hours: Friday 2 pm to 8 pm, Saturday 10 am to 8 pm and Sunday 10 am to 6 pm. Wow, there’s a lot going on that weekend.

There are hundreds of guests: celebrities, voice actors, featured comics creators, literary & industry guests, entertainment guests, pro wrestlers, cosplay guests and fan groups. I’ll mention a dozen or so of them and then let you seek out others on the convention’s website.

Here we go: Grant Gustin, Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, William Shatner, Paula Abdul, Ron Perlman, Giancarlo Esposito, Sean Gunn, Jonathan Frakes, Denise Crosby, Brent Spiner, Barry Bostwick, Pete Rose, Tara Strong, Steve Englehart, Ron Marz, Ann Nocenti, Steve Orlando, Bob McLeod, Bob Hall, John Jackson Miller, Dan Jurgens, Mike DeCarlo, Kami Garcia, Joe Wos, Hazel Honeysuckle, Mick Foley, Sgt, Slaughter, Rubber City Cosplay and many more. This isn’t even my complete list of guests I hope to at least say hello to during this amazing event.

I’m going to be doing something different at this convention. I am not going to be behind my guest table all of the time. I will post the times I will be there. My goal here is to be able to visit with some of the other guests and shop some of the many fine vendors at the convention.

When I am at my table, I will be signing Isabella items for a mere ten bucks per signature. That price will almost certainly go up in 2024. I need to buy a ton of comics and magazines bags and boards for my Vast Accumulation of Stuff.

I will be bringing three exclusive items to sell. I will have that limited edition reprint of the first Misty Knight appearance, only available from me or on the secondary market. I will some copies of July 1963: A Pivotal Month in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella Volume One. Finally, I’ll have my special Marvel Monsters poster. Drawn by Dan Gorman, it features all of the main Marvel monsters I worked on in the 1970s. Cash only.

I’ll be appearing on three panels during GalaxyCon. On Friday, at 7:15 pm, I’ll be on a Retrospective on the Mid-Ohio-Con panel. On Saturday at 7 pm, I’ll be on the Horror in Comics panel. Finally, on Sunday at 3:45 pm, I’ll be on a panel titled The Penance Stare: Ghost Rider in the Comics.

During the convention, I can make myself available for interviews, podcasts and other media. I am also interested in talking to folks who might want to hire or partner with me on various endeavors from comic books to magazines to movies and more. Honestly, I feel the strong desire and need to become an official member of SAG-AFTRA and the Writers Guild.

I’d also be interested in invitations to appear at comics and other conventions, or to speak at libraries and schools. Those bags and boards aren’t going to buy themselves.

If you want to set up a specific time to meet with me, e-mail me. I’ll do my best to accommodate you.

COSPLAYERS: If you are cosplaying characters I’ve created or have written, I’d love to get photos of you and with you.

For those of you with more flexible budgets than me, GalaxyCon is hosting a variety of after dark events. Although a “comics legend” like me needs his beauty sleep, I’ll try to make an appearance at the Hyatt’s terrific bar and at any parties to which I am invited. I’ll go where the fun is.

I think the above covers as much as I can cover about a convention as enormous as GalaxyCon. I hope I get to see you there.  
 
© 2023 Tony Isabella

2 comments:

  1. HI Tony! Looking forward to your review of Godzilla Minus One.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife & I saw Godzilla Minus One over the weekend. Even she thought it was terrific. Highly recommended if you and your boy haven't caught it already!

    ReplyDelete