Monday, July 14, 2014

GARAGE AND ONLINE SALES UPDATES

Don't cry. It's not that bad.

For this week, I'm moving my Vast Accumulation of Stuff online sale to Friday, July 18. This will give me a chance to ship out all of last week's orders and add lots of great stuff to this week's sale.

I'm canceling the July 18-19 Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale. I'm doing this to make the following weekend's garage sale even better than usual.  I'll be doing major restocking and making more $5 mystery boxes for you. I'm lowering price of my Superman posters to $10 each for that weekend. I'm not allowing any dealers to shop at the sale. The sale is strictly for the fans. But, wait there's more.

Comic-Con International in San Diego will be going on next week and weekend. Tom Batiuk and I were commiserating on how much we like to be there. Tom suggested we go out to lunch, but then yours truly start thinking.

Introducing...DRIVEWAY CON!

The hours for next weekend's garage sale will be...

Friday, July 25: 9 am to noon

Saturday, July 26: 9 am to 11 am

Saturday, July 26: 5 pm to 7 pm

The location is 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio.

On Friday and Saturday, I'm encouraging people to cosplay at my garage sale.

If you come to the garage sale in a comics costume, you get $1 in garage sale merchandise just for showing up in a comics costume.

If you come in a costume I really like, you get $5 in garage sale merchandise.

If you come in a costume I really like of one of these Isabella creations - Black Lightning, Misty Knight, Tigra, Tobias Whale - you get $10 in garage sale merchandise.

If you have the very best costume of the weekend, I will give you $50 in garage sale merchandise.

But, wait, there's more.

On Friday and Saturday, at random times, I'll select a costume and ask them a trivia question that involves something from my comics career. If you answer the question correctly, you get $1 in merchandise from the garage sale.

But wait, there's more.

On Saturday, after the garage sale closes at 11 am, we'll be holding an honest-to-Godzilla comics convention style panel with Tom Batiuk (Crankshaft and Funky Winkerbean) and Mike W. Barr (Batman, Camelot 3000, Batman and the Outsiders). The three of us will be sitting around talking about our favorite comics and answering your questions.

The panel will be held in my driveway. There will be some chairs available from my patio, but you might want to bring your own chair to make sure you have a place to sit.

Finally, Saturday evening, for those fans who haven't been able to make it to my garage sales in the morning hours, I'll be opening the sale from 5 pm to 7 pm.

Next weekend's garage sale is about fans and fun.  I hope you can attend.







1 comment: