Wednesday, September 16, 2020

MY LAST GARAGE SALES OF 2020

This has not been a successful summer for my Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales. However, you will have two last chances to shop them and pick up some great comics and other items at prices that my regular customers tell me are insanely low.

My last garage sales of the year will be held on Friday, September 18, and Saturday, September 19, at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. That’s the corner of Damon Drive and Bradley Court. The hours are 9-noon each day. However, if there are customers still waiting to shop at noon, I’ll extend the hours of the sale.

What can you expect to find at the garage sale? Let’s take a trip around my garage. There are boxes of dollar comics. Including many very recent issues. There is a box of magazines and magazine-size trade paperbacks, priced to sell. There are hardcovers and trades, generally priced at 30% of their original prices. There will be a few boxes of comic books priced at a quarter each. There will be a small number of $10 mystery boxes, filled with much more than $10 worth of stuff. That more than $10 worth of stuff is more than $10 worth of stuff at my ridiculously low prices.

There’s a spinner rack of small trade paperbacks, again priced at 30% of original price or less. There’s a table filled with manga at a buck a book. There are Comic-Con tote bags, which you don’t see often around these parts, at just $10 each. There will be two free items on the table and a box lid filled with free Japanese candy and other snacks.

I have several boxes of bargain-priced hardcovers and trade books. I have a couple boxes of older comics priced to sell. I also have two bookcases of DVDs, Blu-rays, VHS tapes (including some Godzilla movies from overseas) and CDs at a buck each.

Looking for Tony Isabella books and comics? I have all the recent Black Lightning trades, a few copies of 1000 Comic Books You Must Read, my July 1963: A Pivotal Month in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella, a box of older Isabella-written comic and the exclusive-to-me, limited edition, signed and numbered reprinting of the first appearance of Misty Knight. There’s also a comics rack with other Isabella-written items.

[Any Isabella items you buy from me will be signed for free. That also holds true for any Isabella items that you didn’t buy from me. Because I’m that nice a guy.]

Finally...there is a table of Isabella-related posters featuring Black Lightning, Misty Knight, Tigra, Hawkman, Daredevil and Luke Cage. Also for sale...the rare 1987 two-sided Superman poster that I conceived for the 1988 International Superman Exposition that was held in Cleveland. Whew!

Common safety sense means I will only allow two shoppers into the sale at any given time. I’ll have socially distanced chairs set up in my driveway so you can wait until the current shoppers are done and you can enter the garage. Don’t worry about getting in. I will keep the sales going each day until every customer who arrived by noon has had a chance to shop.

There are some important rules for my customers:

YOU MUST WEAR A MASK.  If you absurdly find this to be some sort of infringement on your freedom, don’t come to my garage sale. I will not make an exception for you.

MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES. Try to keep six feet away from any other customer. Most of my tables are six feet long, which will give you a good idea of what that distance is.

USE THE HAND SANITIZER OR WIPES. I’ll have hand sanitizer and wipes as you walk into the garage sale. I’ll have also have a few extra masks in case you forgot yours at home.

CASH ONLY. At some point in the distant future, when the world is a little safer and conventions are again possible, I will be able to take credit cards. Not this year.

NO WEAPONS. Unless you are an on-duty police officer or member of the armed service, you will not be allowed to bring any gun, rifle, bazooka, sword, bow and arrows, etc. onto my property. Don’t try to “outfox” me trying to bring something not included on this list as I have a wide range of what I consider “etc.”

NO RACIST GEAR. No Confederate paraphernalia, no white supremacist paraphernalia, no Trump or MAGA related stuff. It’s a garage sale, not a platform for your political, religious or social bullshit. My property, my rules. Don’t test me on this. You’ll fail.

[I’ll be removing my political lawn signs during these sales. So I’m not asking anyone to do what I’m not already doing for these garage sales.]

After this weekend, there will be no more garage sales until 2021. Assuming we’re all still alive.

Honestly, as much as I’d love to see lots of stuff to comics fans and others, I’m not expecting much from these final sales. I have terrific stuff for sale, but it don’t get sold if the customers are not there. But I wanted to give you all one last chance to get in on these bargains.

That’s all for now. Stay safe. Stay sane. Be good to one another. I’ll be back as soon as possible with more bloggy fun.

© 2020 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment