Friday, September 18, 2020

ONE MORE GARAGE SALE FOR 2020

My final Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale of 2020 will take place tomorrow, Saturday, September 19, at Casa Isabella, 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The hours are 9 am to noon, though I’ll keep the garage door open and the sale going as long as there are still customers waiting to shop.

This has not been a great summer for my garage sales. The pandemic has kept many of my regulars from coming to them, even when offered  by appointment shopping.

This week started out the same as all the other sale weeks. I had three appointments, but the sales weren’t as good as with previous weeks. I think I know why that happened.

I only have so much room in my garage. In order to add new items to the sales, I have to sell items already in the garage. Therefore, even though there was and is an enormous amount of terrific stuff at insanely low prices, it was stuff these regulars, for the most part, had already seen. But...

Today’s garage sale earnings were excellent. Indeed, when you add them to the sales from earlier in the week, I’m currently standing at 40% of my pre-pandemic goal for a weekend. I’m extremely happy about this.

I’m even happier that I had some first-time customers today. Some hope to return on Saturday. Others snapped pictures of what I was selling and sent them to their friends who haven’t been to my sales before. I’m guardedly optimistic that tomorrow’s final sale could get me closer to my usual weekend goal than I’ve been this entire garage sale season.

If you check out Wednesday’s blog, you’ll get a good idea of what I have for sale and the precautions I take to keep my customers and myself safe. In addition to what’s in that blog, I’m offering one more incentive.

For every $50 you spend at the garage sale, you can get $10 worth of great posters for free! Black Lightning, Hawkman, Misty Knight and Tigra, Daredevil, Luke Cage and the rare, double-sided Superman poster created for the 1988 International Superman Exposition that was held in Cleveland! That last one is normally $20, but, if you spend $50, you can get it for $10. If you spend $100, you can get it for free.

That’s all for this quick update. I’ll be back on Sunday with the conclusion of my four-blog series on New Fun #1, the very first DC Comics comic book. See you then.

© 2020 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment