Monday, September 10, 2012

COUNTDOWN TO 9-21-12 GARAGE SALE

On Sunday, I made an unexpected trip to the Fortress of Storage to retrieve a Christmas tree we were donating to Goodwill.  There was room in the Van of Steel for about a dozen boxes of stuff.

One of those boxes was an unopened DC Comics box from 2003.  That was back when DC sent me virtually everything it published every month.  I haven't gone through it yet - too much other work to do - but it's sorely tempting my will power.  However, most of the stuff in this box will be available at the next garage sale.

On the bad news front, I discovered my copies of the Marvel British weeklies I worked on in late 1972, 1973 and 1974 were hopelessly water damaged and moldy.  The damage occurred before they had been brought to the Fortress, so it's not indicative of a larger problem.  Even so, it's sad to lose those weeklies. 

If anyone has copies of them for sale or trade, please contact me.

That's all for now.  Keep watching this space for nigh-daily updates on my last full-blown garage sale of the year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment