Sunday, September 16, 2012

IT'S ANOTHER GARAGE SALE UPDATE (September 21-22)

I'm having way too much fun going through boxes to add stock for my last full-blown garage sale of the year.  I've already filled the existing boxes with new stuff and have figured out how to add several more boxes to the display.  Lots of DC comics from 2003 and thereabouts.  Star Wars comics from Dark Horse.  CrossGen comics and trades.  Lots of other trades.  A couple dozen hardcovers.  Good stuff.

Among the more pleasant surprises:

About a dozen copies of one of my favorite comic books, the 2000 Marvels Comics: Dare-Devil one-shot I did with Eddy Newell.  I love this alternate version of DD, which is set in the actual Marvel Universe.  This is the Daredevil comic book Marvel was publishing in 2000.  I had so much fun with the story that I'm excited to have copies for my garage sale customers.  Though it didn't lead to more Marvel work for me and Eddy, it's still one of my favorite comics.

I also found a few copies of the original Black Lightning series from back when DC acknowledged me as the sole creator of the character.  Those will be on sale as well.

I found a quantity of another swell item, but I'm saving that announcement for tomorrow. 

Last full-blown Tony Isabella garage sale of the year.  Friday and Saturday, September 21-22, 10 am to 3 pm.  Stock up on your winter reading at crazy low prices.

More tomorrow...along with an actual blog entry!

Tony.


1 comment:

  1. Ha! I was starting to think I was the only person who remembered "Marvels Comics". If I recall correctly, the Captain America book had the hook of being "written" by Rick Jones and "drawn" by Steve Rogers. Marvel should reprint these, or at least get them out digitally. I can see a kid getting a kick of these because they're "the comics Spider-Man reads".

    Have a good day.
    G Morrow

    http://www.tdsacomic.com

    ReplyDelete