Saturday, November 14, 2015

MY OTHER BUCKET LIST (October 2015)

Most of you know I have a 200-plus-item bucket list of the things I want to write before I kick the bucket. However, I have another, less focused bucket list, which I have cleverly named “My Other Bucket List.” The items on that list include actual goals, flights of fancy, life-hacks and downright silliness.

I post each day’s item on my Facebook page and on Twitter. People seem to enjoy them, so, once a month, I compile them into a bloggy thing for your edification and entertainment.

Here’s the list for October:

October 1: Live in the French Quarter of New Orleans for a month. Spend a week living on a Mississippi riverboat.

October 2: Produce videos of celebrities performing the brilliant parody poetry of Frank Jacobs at conventions.

October 3: Convince Hollywood to do a Home Alone reboot in which a grandfather (Morgan Freeman) is accidentally left behind when his family goes on vacation. #bestmovieever

October 4: Have lunch with and spend an afternoon talking with Bill Watterson about comics and stuff.

October 5: Learn about Italian comics artists, write about them and perhaps collaborate with them.

October 6: Make time to reread Kurt Busiek’s Astro City from the start to present. It really is one of the best super-hero series of all time.

October 7: Work out a reasonable business plan that will make my convention appearances profitable for me.

October 8: Create new products to sell at conventions.

October 9:  Prepare for both the best and worst outcomes in current discussions; accept either with grace and dignity.

October 10: Catch up on and remain current on all TV shows based on comic books. I’m five episodes of iZombie and one episode each of Gotham and Arrow away from achieving this goal. [Confession. I am presently further away from achieving this goal than I was when I originally posted this list item.].

October 11: Reduce my online footprint by 90% for the rest of the month while I clear my schedule for new projects.

October 12: Convince a publisher to collect all the Barker stories from Quality’s National Comics and The Barker titles.

October 13: Learn how to use my Kindle Fire. Start using my Kindle Fire. I’ve had it for almost a year.

October 14: Watch the new Doctor Who series from start to current I watched the first couple years and, despite loving them, stopped. Bad move on my part.

October 15: In early 2016, rejoin LinkedIn to see if I can actually use it to further my publishing plans.

October 16: Find a diplomatic way to tell my Facebook friends that Thunderbirds isn’t as good as they remember.

October 17: Looking ahead to 2016, lose a pound a week throughout the year. This will be a challenge.

October 18: Looking ahead to 2016, write a one-page pitch every day for one of the items on my bucket list of things I want to write before I kick the bucket.

October 19: Go on a cruise with Sainted Wife Barb...despite having watched literally hundreds of killer shark and sea monster movies.

October 20: Spend a week in the writers room of either The Daily Show with Trevor Noah or The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore. They are my favorite TV shows.

October 21: Buy every item listed in the monthly Previews catalog.This is more of a fantasy, than a bucket list item.

October 22: Visit the sets of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Gotham, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, iZombie and every other comic-book TV series. Because I’m an unapologetic fan.

October 23: Convince Marvel Comics to publish Black Panther by Don McGregor: the Complete Collection. It’s time.

October 24: Convince Marvel Comics to publish The Complete It! The Living Colossus: the pre-IT! tales, my run, and later appearances of the character.

October 25: Spend a week at a secluded cabin - close to some small-town restaurant, far from the Internet - with a stack of books. No legendary monsters or promiscuous teens would be a plus.

October 26: Convince someone to actually make a full-length movie of Hell, No: The Sensible Horror Film:

October 27: Read Bill Willingham’s Fables and all of its spin-offs from start to finish.

October 28: See Weird Al Yankovic inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

October 29: A Cleveland Entertainment Walk of Fame with the initial stars going to Bob Hope, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

October 30: Trick-or-treaters dressed as Black Lightning and Misty Knight coming to my house on Halloween. It’d probably be too cold for a Tigra costume.

October 31: Write a movie or TV script so good Dennis Franz would want to come out of acting retirement to be in it.

I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment