Monday, July 29, 2019

NEO COMIC CON: August 4, 2019

NEO ComicCon is my next convention appearance. It will take place on Sunday, August 4, at the Soccer Sportsplex, 31515 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, Ohio from 10 am to 5 pm. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for cosplayers and free for children under the age of 13. As in previous years, proceeds from NEO will benefit the Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana Organization.

I’m the Guest of Honor, but the rest of the guest roster is truly impressive: Tom Mandrake (who recently drew the one-page Kid Colt Outlaw tale I wrote for Marvel Comics #1001), Paul Pelletier. Marc Sumerak, Matt Horak, Darryl Banks, Don Simpson, Gary Dumm, Rick Lorenzo, Dan Gorman, Ted Sikora and more. In addition to the comics guests and retailers, NEO will also have two cosplay contests (one for adults and one for kids), a gaming tournament and a variety of panel presentation.

Sometime during the day, I’ll be giving sort of a live version of my “Black Lightning Beat” columns here at the bloggy thing. I’ll be talking about my visit to the set of the Black Lightning TV series at the end of the second season, my catching up with some brilliant cast members at the San Diego Comic-Con and maybe even offer some speculations on the forthcoming third season. If there’s time for questions, as I will do my best to achieve, you can ask me questions on Black Lightning and any other thing on your minds.

One of the many things I like about the NEO ComicCon is the venue has artificial turf, as would make sense for a soccer sportsplex. I often tell Saintly Wife Barb this is the one convention I can come home from without my feet, ankles  and legs hurting.

My show tables will be between those of the esteemed Mandrake and equally esteemed Pelletier. I’ll be bringing Isabella-written books like the Black Lightning trades and others. I’ll have a comics rack that includes the exclusive, available-only-from-me, signed and numbered Marvel’s Greatest Creators Tony Isabella #1. This variant edition reprints the vert first appearance of Misty Knight and is limited to 1000 copies.

In addition to the above, I plan on bringing a selection of posters featuring Black Lightning, Hawkman, Daredevil, Luke Cage and maybe a few others. Depending on how energetic I get between now and NEO, I might also bring some bargains from my Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales.

I’ll sign any Isabella item you buy from me for free. I charge for other signatures ($5 per item), but, for this convention, I will be donating that money to the Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana Organization.

I’m looking forward to seeing my friends and readers at this great convention. If you’re cosplaying, especially if you’re cosplaying as characters I created or have written, please come by my table so I can get a photo of you for this blog.

For more on NEO, go to the convention’s website or to its Facebook page. Hope to see you there!

******************************
In other news of sorts...

I had a delayed reaction to doing G-Fest and the San Diego Comic-Con back-to-back. Around the middle of last week, I was pretty much good for little more than puttering around my computer and binge-watching The Boys on Amazon Prime. However...

I’m feeling fine. I’ll be resuming my G-Fest convention report on the morrow. That will be followed by a few one-off bloggy things. And those will be followed by my San Diego Comic-Con reports. I’ve got some other things up my sleeve as well.

Thanks for stopping by. I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2019 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment