Thursday, November 4, 2021

AKRON COMICON 2021

 

 

We’re just two days away from the always amazing Akron Comiccon, which will be held Saturday and Sunday, November 6-7, at Emidio’s Expo Center, 48 E. Bath Street, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44223. Event hours are Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm, and Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm. This is my last convention appearance of the year.

Akron Comicon’s outstanding guest list includes actor and wrestler Sgt. Slaughter, Don Simpson, Aaron Archer, Mike W. Barr, the Fraim brothers, Craig Boldman, Jay Fife, Dan Gorman, Matt Horak, Jason Moore, Sean McArdle, Dave Nestler, authors Jan and Mike Olszweski, Ted Sikora and more. If you're a fan of horror hosts, this convention has a bunch of them: Son of Ghoul, Leopold & Lenora, Mummy and the Monkey and Drac and Karita.

There are many other special features of the event. Hartville Chips is the official chip of Akron Comicon. The Hero Initiative will be collected funds for that most worthy charity. NORKA Beverage is the official beverage of the convention. Rubber City Cosplay will be on hand. Also attending: Star Trek fan groups USS Lagrange and USS Renegade, cosplay group 8th Corvus Squadron G.I. Joe, health care provider Western Reserve Hospital, and my dear friends from WBNX-TV.  My booth will be set up next to WBNX.

What will I be selling at the convention? I wish I could tell you, but packing for the event is tomorrow’s task. At the moment, I am leaning heavily towards bringing boxes of bargain-priced hardcovers and trade paperbacks...as well as some more pricey items.

My signing policy is the same as always. I charge a modest $5 per each item. That goes up to $15 per item if you come with a grading company employee to witness my signature. These charges will almost certainly go up in 2022.

Not tired of me? I’ll be doing my TONY’S TIPS LIVE! presentation on Sunday, November 7, at 11 am. It’s my usual mix of news, views and reviews. The rest of the panel schedule:

Saturday

11 am. Working as a creative team with The Franklin Brothers.

12 pm. Writing for Comics with Mike Sangiacomo, Chris Lambert

1 pm. Talking with the Walking Dead. Hosted by W.F. Bell

2 pm. Meet Sgt. Slaughter!

3 pm. From Kickstarter to The Shelf with Ted Sikora and Caleb Thusat

4 pm. Cosplay Contest hosted by Rubber City Cosplay

Sunday

12 pm. Horror Hosts! Oh my!

1 pm. Breaking Into Comics with Brian Dunphy.

2 pm. The Challenges of Self Publishing with Robert Multari and Tom Hitchison

For more information on Akron Comicon, visit their website.

That’s all for today. I’ll be resuming nigh-daily blogging in just a few more days. Hope to see you then.

© 2021 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment