Wednesday, September 28, 2022

MY LAST GARAGE SALES OF 2022


My final VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF garage sales will be on Friday, September 30, and Saturday, October 1. I had hoped to also schedule one for Thursday, September 29, but dental surgery and my extreme reaction to same forced me to go with the usual two days.

The sales will take place from 9 am to noon each day at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. If you’re arrive just before noon, I’ll keep the sales going until you’ve completed your shopping. I don’t want to disappoint any of my customers, old or new.

I never know exactly what my sales will have. In general, you will find boxes of dollar comics, magazines, more expensive collectors comics, trade paperbacks, and hardcovers. There will be comics and books written by me, including an exclusive signed and numbered Misty Knight comic book only available from me. That one is priced at a fan-friendly. Quite a bargain when you consider that I charge $10 per signature at conventions.

Another special garage sale bonus is that, whether you bought the items from me or not, I’ll sign your Isabella comics and such for free. All I ask is that, if you bring a large number of comics, you be patient as I wait on the paying customers.

In addition to the boxes, there will be display tables covered with manga, paperbacks, large-size books, Godzilla action figures, rare Godzilla items from Japan and more. There will also be a clothing rack with shirts, jackets and other items priced at a ridiculously low $2 each. For other cool stuff, check out the bookcases and the magazine rack and the spinning rack.

I will have a very limited supply of our beloved $10 mystery boxes. When I say limited, it means one box per customer per day. I have been using a specific size box for these mystery boxes and, after years of garage sales, my supply is exhausted. I may find a couple more during the fall/winter garage sales hiatus, but probably not more than that.

Does this mean the end of the mystery boxes? Not a chance. It means the boxes will be more of a mystery than ever. Different sizes, but the same cool mix of comics and more in each box.

Because these are the last garage sales of 2022, I’m going to take appointments for private shopping from October 3-7. To make such an appointment, you have to email me with several possible times you could come to my garage. I’ll pick the time that works best with my schedule. There will be no appointments after October 7 on account I’ll be taking a vacation and clearing half the garage so Saintly Wife Barb can start parking her car in the garage.

If you miss these garage sale, you’ll have one more chance in 2022 to give me your money in person. I will be a guest at the forever wondrous Akron Comicon, November 5-6 at Emidio’s Expo Center, 48 E. Bath Road, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223. The show hours are Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm.   

I won’t be hibernating this winter. I’ll be working on a number of writing projects and also going through boxes upon boxes of stuff for my 2023 garage sales.

That’s all for today. Keeping watching this bloggy thing space for more news, views, reviews and other stuff. See you soon.

© 2022 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment