Tuesday, June 21, 2016

VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF GARAGE SALE (June 24-25)

TONY ISABELLA’S 2016
VAST ACCUMULATION OF
STUFF GARAGE SALE
840 Damon Drive
Medina, Ohio 44256
Friday, June 24 (9 am to noon)
Saturday, June 25 (9 am to noon)

It’s been a busy year for me and it’s going to remain busy right to the moment when 2016 becomes 2017. My original intentions for this year’s Vast Accumulation of Stuff Garage Sales were to pull out all the stops and fill the Casa Isabella garage with wondrous goodies at terrific prices. That isn’t happening.

In late April, my son Eddie and I went to the Fortress of Storage for what we assumed would be many trips to those strongholds of my accumulation. We brought back over twenty boxes of comic books and  other items from previous garage sales.

The plan was to put together dozens of five-buck mystery boxes of well over a hundred items each, then bring out all manner of stuff that I had never previously offered at my garage sales. However, as my “writing to do” list grew with new assignments, as I committed to over a dozen appearances at conventions and libraries and such, nothing was getting done re: the garage sales. For the second year in a row, I had to pull the plug.

Still, with a garage filled with boxes, albeit not as many boxes as I had hoped, and with area fans and friends expressing their great disappointment at yet another year of no VAOS garage sales, I made the decision to do one garage sale. This weekend.

My one and only Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will be on Friday, June 24, and Saturday, June 25, from nine in the morning to noon each day. If you email me or private message me on Facebook requesting later hours on either of those days or hours on Sunday, June 26, I will do my level best to accommodate you.

Here’s what you will find at this garage sales:

Black Lightning Volume One. This complete collection of my first series of Black Lightning and a pair of stories written by Denny O’Neil is priced at $20. No extra charge to get my signature.

Other Isabella-written items at various prices.

The double-sized Superman poster created for the 1988 International Superman Exposition in Cleveland. I helped design this poster which has art by Jose Luis Garcia Lopez and Dick Giordano. My supply of this rare poster is limited. Maybe 20-30 left in all. The cost of a poster is also $20.

There will be boxes of comic books and magazines priced at a mere quarter each. There will be mass market paperbacks also priced at a quarter apiece. There will be hardcovers and trade paperbacks at a buck apiece. There will be 3-6 $5 mystery boxes.

I will be on hand throughout the garage sale to answer questions, entertain/inform/regale you with my adventures in and knowledge of the comics industry and sign Isabella-written stuff free of charge. Even Isabella-written stuff you already own.

This garage sale is only going to be advertised in the bloggy thing  and on Facebook and Twitter and Craig’s List. I’m not taking out my usual newspaper ads. This is a low-key sale being done on account of I didn’t want to disappoint my customers completely and because the boxes are already in the garage. I hope to do much better for you in 2017, but more on that at a later date.

I’m looking forward to seeing my dear customers and friends this weekend. Come on by, buy some stuff, have some conversation. We’ll have some fun.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2016 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment