Thursday, July 11, 2013

COMIC-CON COUNTDOWN #5

What has gone before:

I’m a special guest of Comic-Con.  I’m really excited about that.
So is my family.  I hope you are, too.


Barb is so excited that she’s ordered Comic-Con t-shirts for all of
us and for some people who won’t be going to the show.  If anyone
other than my wonderful wife were buying Comic-Con shirts for folks
who aren’t lucky enough to be going to the event, I would think it
cruel and unusual punishment.  But Barb doesn’t have a cruel bone
in your body, so it’s okay.

Barb sent me and the kids a text message telling us we should get
the Comic-Con app for our cell phones.  This is her way of telling
me I need a new cell phone.  Mine is so old it has a rotary dial.
Hey-o! Drum roll!

I could go out and get a new phone, but I’m not sure your Unfrozen
Caveman Comic-Book Writer could learn to use a new phone before we
leave for San Diego.  I will ponder this carefully.

Today’s moment of panic was when I realized I’ve forgotten to get
the new business cards I wanted for the show.  I can design one in
a matter of minutes.  The question is whether I can find a printer
who can do them for me virtually overnight.  We’ll see.

I have one panel scheduled for Sunday...

10:00am

Jack Kirby Tribute Panel

Each year, we set aside time to talk about Comic-Con’s first
superstar guest and the man they call The King of the Comics, Jack
Kirby. Jack left us in 1994, but his influence on comics, film, and
this convention has never been greater. Discussing the man and his
work this year are Neil Gaiman, Tony Isabella, and Kirby family
attorney Paul S. Levine. And of course, it’s moderated by Mark
Evanier.

Sunday July 21, 2013 10:00am – 11:15am

Room 5AB 


I’m not scheduled to sign anywhere on Sunday.  However, as always,
if you find me and if we can then find a place for me to sign your
Isabella-written stuff, I’ll be happy to accommodate you.

Ditto if you want to meet with me for business or any other reason.
Your best bet is to contact me before the convention and arrange a
time and a place for such meetings.  I’ll once again stress that I
am not coming to the convention seeking work.  Still, my schedule
for the second half of the year is fairly open and I’m not adverse
to discussing business at Comic-Con.

One of the other things I have to do for Sunday is figure out how
my son Ed and I will get to Los Angeles - we have an early morning
flight on Monday - and also book us a hotel room for Sunday night.
I’m leaning towards renting a car, but that’s not carved in stone.
Lots to do before we leave for Comic-Con.

I’ll be back tomorrow to bring you my complete Comic-Con schedule
and doubtless to fret about everything I still have to do prior to
the convention.  More to come. 

© 2013 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment