Tuesday, January 13, 2015

BUCKEYES!

The best damn football team in the land!

My son Ed, a proud graduate of The Ohio State University, was at the game. After the game, he sent us a text saying it was the best day of his life.

It was an expensive day. The cost of flying to Dallas. The cost of the ticket. But, in many ways, for the avid Buckeyes fan he is, this was my son's Comic-Con. Thankfully, his OSU education landed him a good paying job. 

I watched a lot of the game. It was amazing. I had predicted a close game with the Buckeyes winning by 10 points. Obviously, they beat my prediction. Just as they have crushed everyone's expectations all season long. Bouncing back from injuries to their first and second-string quarterbacks. Bouncing back from an awful defeat early in the season. Bouncing back from the suicide of a teammate. Bouncing back from all the so-called experts who didn't think they were what they proved to be:

The best damn football team in the land!

My congratulations to the Buckeyes and to The Ohio State University.

1 comment:

  1. I watched most of the game, too. Fell asleep in the middle. I admit I picked Oregon to win, off their dismantling of Florida State 11 days prior. In the end, it was an awesome game. Congrats to Coach Meyer and the Buckeyes.

    ReplyDelete