Saturday, December 3, 2016

BLACK LIGHTNING IS A TRUE HERO

Lee “Budgie” Barnett is one of my oldest and dearest online pals. To the best of my recollection, we have known each other since the days of the CompuServe comics forum. Since Lee lives in England and I live in Trumpsylvania, we’ve never met and have only spoken via phone a couple times. But he’s good people and our online paths do cross from time to time.

About a month ago, he sent me this e-mail with the photos appearing directly below it:

UK tv programme, CASUALTY. (Basically, our version of e.r. but with less sex). VERY long running, they just celebrated their 30th anniversary. I stopped watching for years, but started watching again a couple of weeks back with the anniversary episode.

Episode last week had a patient struck by lightning; one of the porters - dunno what they're called in the US, but they're the people who ferry beds from one department to another - asked a nurse about the patient, asked whether he can now manipulate electrical fields and energy fields. Lots of pseudo-scientific babble, then... the following sequence.

                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                 
                                                                             

Imagine my delight at learning my creation is also known in one of my favorite English-speaking countries. The path I’m traveling has always been full of mostly pleasant surprises. I hope it will take me to the U.K. sooner rather than later.

I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2016 Tony Isabella

1 comment: