Tuesday, August 14, 2018

NEO COMICS CON (August 19)

My next convention appearance will be NEO Comic Con, Sunday, August 19, 10 am to 5 pm at the Soccer Sportsplex,  31515 Lorain, North Olmsted, Ohio. Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for cosplayers with anyone age 13 and under getting free admission.

The convention has an impressive list of comics guests and events. Besides me, that list includes Gary Dumm, Ted Sikora, Marc Sumerak, Darryl Banks, Dan Gorman, Phil Hester, Matt Horak, Angel Medina, Ande Parks, Rock Lozano and more. Some small comics publishers and other artists will also have tables at the convention.

In addition to cosplay and gaming events, NEO has also scheduled a panel. Here’s the skinny on that:

Ask the Professional: 12:30pm (approximately 45 minutes)

Comics industry veterans Tony Isabella (creator of Black Lightning, co-creator of Misty Knight & Tigra) and Marc Sumerak (Marvel Comics Editor, Best Selling Author and Game Imagineer) will bring their 50 plus years of experience to this Q&A Session. This is your chance to quiz the experts regarding the industry, writing techniques or to get their insights on your favorite characters or stories.  Due to NDAs (non-disclosure agreements), there will be questions that I can’t answer and assume the same will be true for my friend Marc.


I’ll have two tables at the convention. My current plan is to bring lots of Isabella-written stuff, such as Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands #1-6; Black Lightning Volume 1 and Volume 2; and July 1963: A Pivotal Month in the Comic-Book Life of Tony Isabella Volume One. I’m also planning to bring Black Lightning and Superman posters; Daredevil and Luke Cage mini-posters; a few DC Comics and Stan Lee collectors boxes; and several boxes of dollar comics.

I will only be signing at my tables and I do charge for signatures. Here’s the price list on that:

Items bought at my table: no charge.

Items not bought from me: one free signature; all others $2 per item.

Photo of me or with me: no charge.

Signature witnessed by representative from grading company: $5 per item.

Having me sign Certificate Of authenticity: $5 per item.

One more NEO note.

Portions from admissions along with individual donations will go to Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana Organization. Last year, the convention raised over $3000 for that organizations. With the help of sponsors Halleen KIA and Lakewood’s El Carnicero restaurant, it hopes to do the same or better this time around.

******************************
Last weekend’s Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale wasn’t what I’d hoped it would be. Despite pleasant weather, I didn’t get many customers. The final sales total was only 56% of my two-day goal. Disappointing.

My next garage sale will be Friday and Saturday, August 24-25. That will be my final garage sale of 2018. I will have more information about this sale in the near future.

After the NEO Comic Con, my next convention appearance will be the Hall of Heroes Comicon, September 8 and 9, at The Gateway Mile, 410 S Main Street, Elkhart, Indiana. I’ll have more on this before the event. In the meantime, you can check out the Hall of Heroes Museum on Facebook.

As always, if you are a convention or event promoter who wants to have me as a guest at your convention or event, you need to e-mail me for a list of my requirements. Don’t send me invitations at this blog or on Facebook or Twitter. E-mail me.

That’s all for now. I’m working on several review and other bloggy things and will post them as I finish them. See you soon.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment