Tuesday, August 14, 2018

THIS IS A NO-NO!

The very first online communication I received this morning was from a fan who wanted me to read his book and help him turn it into a movie. Because, of course, I have immense power in these things and so much spare time I don't know what to do with it.

Once again, all I owe any fan or reader is putting my very best effort into everything I write. That's it. At this time, I have no role, official or otherwise, in the Black Lightning TV series. I can't buy your script or cast you for a part in the series. I haven't even been asked to visit the set.

Heck, outside of writing an introduction to a collection of my Black Lightning comics from the 1990s, I don't have any DC Comics gigs. Yeah, I know that's crazy. Welcome to the unrelentingly confusing, frustrating and often senseless world of comics.

I'm working on my own projects. Unless you've done me a major solid in the past, I'm not going to take time away from them for your project unless you're paying me to do so.

I love comics. But working in comics is a business. Too often in the past, I have not embraced that notion fully.

I love comics. I love my fans, readers and fellow comics creators. Except, of course, for the bigots and racists and Nazis. I will always give you the best possible work I can give you at the time.

This has been my morning rant.

1 comment: