Sunday, August 23, 2020

MOROSE

I’ve been feeling mentally out of sorts for a few days now. Lots of reasons. The daily horrors of Trump and the Republicans with the attendant realization that legitimate journalists lack the capacity  or will to report all of them. The continued Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic that shows no sign of being over any time soon and, again, the attendant dismissal of doing the things science knows can ease the devastation of the plague. The desperate challenges of the comics industry, the struggles of so many talented comics creators and my own seeming lack of a place in the industry.

My Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales have been disappointing. I have created a safe environment for the sales, including one-on-one appointments for shoppers. I have stocked the sales with great items at unbelievably low prices. But the pandemic is a formidable foe. People don’t want to travel; there’s very little traffic on my street. People don’t have the disposable income to shop for comic books and more at my sales.

I have thought long and hard about my garage sales for the rest of the summer. Here’s where I am at right now:

I will not be taking appointments or holding any open-to-the-public garage sales this week. I will start taking appointments again on Tuesday, September 1. Except when I have other appointments, such as household stuff or medical visits, I can schedule appointments from 9 am to 7 pm Tuesday through Thursday.

I will hold open-to-the-public garage sales on Friday, September 4, and Saturday, September 5, from 9 am to noon each day. I’m open to scheduling appointments later in the day on both days. Though I’ve not had much luck with advertising in the local newspaper, I might take out an ad for these sales. I want to give them every chance to succeed. If they don’t...

I’ll continue the “by appointment” sales through September. But I won’t have any more open-to-the-public garage sales until the last weekend of September.

In the meantime...

I’m going to continue doing some restocking every day. This usually means adding 50-100 items to the sales every day. I’m not exactly sure how I’m going to fit all this stuff into my sales, but I will figure something out.

I’ll be pressing forward on several writing projects. I hope to be able to announce something by the end of September.

If you’d like to make an appointment to shop my garage sales, send me an e-mail and I’ll get you on the schedule.

If you’d like to hire me to write something, send me an e-mail. I will get back to you as swiftly as possible.

That’s all for today. I’ll be back tomorrow with something I hope will be far more entertaining.

Stay safe, stay sane, be good to one another and cast your vote to release our country from the darkness that is Trump.

© 2020 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment