Tuesday, August 11, 2020

VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF GARAGE SALES: AUGUST 14-15


Most of my recent blogs have been related to my world famous Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sales. I apologize for that. I have a couple more days of taking care of business and then I’ll get back to far more entertaining fare.

There are two different ways to shop at my “comics and pop culture garage sales.” The first is to come to my home at 840 Damon Drive  in Medina, Ohio on Friday and Saturday, August 14 and 15, between the hours of 9 am and noon. Those are my open to the public garage sales. If you come, you’ll find Isabella-written books and comics, dollar comics, other comics priced at more than a dollar but with many amazing deals, trade paperbacks and more. There are bookcases of DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, video games and VHS tapes, all selling for a buck each. You’ll find a table filled with manga, also at a buck each. While the supply lasts - they go fast every week - there will be amazing $10 “mystery boxes” stuffed with, well, that would be telling now, wouldn’t it?

I’ll sign any Isabella books, comics and posters you purchase from me for free. I’ll also sign Isabella items that you didn’t purchase from me as long as you are cool about it. I define “cool” in this case as you have spent some money at my garage sale. If you’re only coming to get comics signed for free, you’re being kind of a dick.

Common safety sense means I will only allow two shoppers into the sale at any given time. I’ll have socially distanced chairs set up in my driveway so you can wait until the current shoppers are done and you can enter the garage. Don’t worry about getting in. I will keep the sales going each day until every customer who arrived by noon has had a chance to shop.

The other way to shop at my garage sale is to make an appointment. You can schedule appointments by e-mailing me with your requested date and time. Appointments are available Monday through Wednesday from 9 am to 7 pm and Friday and Saturday from 2 pm to 7 pm. I’ll schedule you for an hour.

One thing I can’t/won’t do is answer questions about any specific items. I’m adding around 100 new items to the garage every day as space permits. Answering specific questions would slow that down. All I can tell you is that most everything in the sales is priced to sell. I think it’ll be worth the trip.

There are some important rules for my customers:

YOU MUST WEAR A MASK.  If you absurdly find this to be some sort of infringement on your freedom, don’t come to my garage sale. I will not make an exception for you.

MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES. Try to keep six feet away from any other customer. Most of my tables are six feet long, which will give you a good idea of what that distance is.

USE THE HAND SANITIZER OR WIPES. I’ll have hand sanitizer and wipes as you walk into the garage sale. I’ll have also have a few extra masks in case you forgot yours at home.

CASH ONLY. At some point in the distant future, when the world is a little safer and conventions are again possible, I will be able to take credit cards. Not this year.

NO WEAPONS. Unless you are an on-duty police officer or member of the armed service, you will not be allowed to bring any gun, rifle, bazooka, sword, bow and arrows, etc. onto my property. Don’t try to “outfox” me trying to bring something not included on this list as I have a wide range of what I consider “etc.”

NO RACIST GEAR. No Confederate paraphernalia, no white supremacist paraphernalia, no Trump or MAGA related stuff. It’s a garage sale, not a platform for your political, religious or social bullshit. My property, my rules. Don’t test me on this. You’ll fail.

That’s all for now. I have two more blogs of business coming your way. Then I’ll be back with the aforementioned more entertaining stuff. Be safe, be sane, be wonderful to one another.

© 2020 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment