Monday, June 17, 2013

6/21-6/22 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #1

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will be Friday and
Saturday, June 21-22, at 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio.  Sale hours
are 9 am to 2 pm each day.


My son Eddie called me on his drive home for Father’s Day, asking
me what father-son thing I wanted to do this weekend.  I told him
I wanted to go to the happiest place on Earth.  His immediate - and
I mean not missing a beat immediate - response was “The Fortress of
Storage!” I am so proud of him.

My original intent was to focus on boxes of comic books that could
go into my quarter boxes...and we did find a bunch of those.  But
we also found some other cool stuff, including two giant boxes of
Superman memorabilia and some Marvel and DC super-hero role playing
games from the dawn of time.  Though this is the sort of stuff I
must look up on eBay to price, I’m anticipating having a full table
of the Superman stuff for this garage sale.

Time permitting, I hope to have two boxes of specially-priced comic
books, including issues from the first series of Justice League of
America
and reduced prices on Miracleman.  I may also have a box of
Isabella-written material.

New to the garage sale will be “Tony’s Picks” racks.  When I went
through my trade paperback and hardcover boxes, I saw many terrific
books that no one seems to be noticing.  These will be given more
prominent display because I honestly feel that anyone buying them
will be very pleased with those purchases.

It’s too early to say what my magazine boxes will look like for the
show.  Magazines are tricky.  I never know when I’m going to come
across issues of 2000 AD, extra copies of TwoMorrows magazines like
Alter Ego and Back Issue, or the entire run of a great series like
Comics Revue.  Trade paperbacks are getting a little trickier, too,
because those have only become prominent in the comics industry in
the most recent decades. 

Comics suitable for all ages will fill at least two boxes.  Since
a customer bought all my available Archie digests at the previous
sale, I won’t have any of those.  But I will have dozens of those
great Garfield collections and specials at a buck each.

Weather permitting - and, at the moment, it looks like we’ll have
mostly clear skies for the garage sale - I’ll be able to set up 1-3
outside tables.  One of those will feature mystery boxes of comics,
trades, hardcovers and other items and those mystery boxes will be
sold at the ridiculously low price of $5 each.

As this garage sale comes together, I’ll post additional updates.
Keep watching the bloggy thing for those updates.

Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment