Wednesday, June 19, 2013

6/21-6/22 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #3

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will be Friday and
Saturday, June 21-22, at 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio.  Sale hours
are 9 am to 2 pm each day.


Here is today’s update:

The same damn thing happens to me before every garage sale and you
would think I’d have figured this out by now and not let it happen.
I guess we all have our blind spots.

I have years to sell off that portion of the VAOS I wish to sell.
Yet, every time I prepare for a garage sale, I get anxious and try
to do more than I can reasonably do for the sales.  I try to put
more into the garage sales than there’s room for...and then I beat
myself up because I can’t do it all.

What I can tell you is that a lot of great comics are waiting for
my customers in the quarter boxes.  What I can tell you is that I
added hundreds of issues of 2000 AD to the quarter magazine boxes.
What I can tell you is that I have two full boxes of suitable-for-
all-ages quarter comics.  I’ve also added dozens of $5 hardcovers
and $2 trade paperbacks to their boxes.  This stuff alone should
make the trip to this week's sale worthwhile for anyone.

What else will I have?  I’m still working on a full table of cool
Superman merchandise that’s at least 25 years old.  I still have a
good supply of rare Superman posters.  I still have copies of 1000
Comic Books You Must Read. 


What else I have for sale this time out will depend on the weather
- good weather means outside tables - and how much I can get done
between now and the start of the sale on Friday morning at 9:00 am.
But, as of right this moment, I’m very pleased with the selection
of items I know will be available at the sale.

Look for another update tomorrow.

Tony Isabella 

No comments:

Post a Comment