Tuesday, July 20, 2021

I AM BUYING COMIC BOOKS BY THE BOX

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale won’t be until the end of the month. I have projects I must complete this week, which include making that end-of-the-month garage sale as epic as I can possibly make it.

At the moment, it’s looking like I won’t have any boxes of quarter comics for sale. Indeed, unlike my first sales, I also won’t have  three tables of other items priced at a quarter.

Quarter comics and other quarter items are the foundation of my $10 mystery boxes. Then I add other more expensive items to make sure the boxes buyers get a lot more than ten bucks worth of stuff. In all the time I’ve been selling these boxes, and I’ve sold close to 200 of them, I’ve only received one complaint.

I only had two mystery boxes at my first 2021 garage sales. I got more than one complaint about that. I have four mystery boxes out in the garage as I write this bloggy thing. I hope to add quite a few more. So I’m using what I have left of the quarter comics and other items for that purpose.

I want to offer quarter comics at my next garage sales. Given the  nature of my excavations through the VAOS, there’s no guarantee I will come across boxes of comics I’m willing to put into a quarter boxes or a mystery box. My solution to this dilemma?

I AM BUYING COMIC BOOKS BY THE BOX.

I am buying comic books, though not in great bulk. I’ll pay $15 for a short box of good condition comics and $30 for a long box of good condition comics. Generally speaking, a short box holds a little over 150 issues and a long box 300 issues. I am allocating $300 for such purchases, but that’s not a hard and fast limit.

The restrictions: I don’t want too many copies of the same issues. I don’t want adults only comic books.

If you have such comics and want to sell them, send me an e-mail. I’ll arrange a time when you can bring them to me. You’ll get paid once I’ve examined the boxes and I plan to do that on the spot. If you want to be paid in cash instead of a check, I’ll need two days' notice to accommodate you.

Because of the afore-mentioned projects, I won’t be able to come to you unless you live within fifteen minutes of Casa Isabella, 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio. I’m dealing here with both a shortage of quarter comics and a shortage of time.

Be sure to put QUARTER COMICS in the header of any e-mails you send me. I’ll be able to spot them more quickly among the hundreds of e-mails I receive every day.

I’m considering extending my usual 9 am to noon garage sale hours to include additional hours from 2-5 pm on each of the two days of the event. I’ll have more information on that soon. It’ll be posted here and on my other social media.

If you have questions, e-mail them to me. I’ll do my best to answer them as quickly as possible.

That’s all for now. I have two or three other bloggy things almost finished, so I’ll be back here sooner rather than later. Thanks for  your patience and support. You’re appreciated.

© 2021 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment