Wednesday, July 28, 2021

VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF GARAGE SALES II (July 30-31m 2021)

 

 

Third time’s the charm? I hope so.

After being forced by often annoyingly stupid circumstances to cancel two weekends in a row, my second Vast Accumulation of Stuff comics and pop culture garage sales are this weekend: Friday, July 30, and Saturday, July 31. The hours of these sales are 9am to noon and then 2-5 pm each day. I’m adding those afternoon hours in an attempt to make up those missed sales.

If you’re still buying stuff at noon or 5 pm, don’t worry. I won’t chase you out of my garage at noon or 5 pm on the dot. The location of the garage sales is Casa Isabella, 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. There will be signs in the front yard and a big Tony Isabella banner sign next to the garage itself.

The question I am most frequently asked about these sales is “What will you be selling?” The most honest answer I can give is “I don’t know.” I add hundreds of items to these garage sales every weekend. My goals are to make some money, make my customers happy and reduce my Vast Accumulation of Stuff to the point where, at some distant time in the future, it can be called a collection again. I want to know what I have as much as you do.

I know what the garage sale will have in general. Isabella-related posters. Isabella-written comic books and books. Hardcover books.Softcover books. The ever-popular $10 mystery boxes. Manga volumes. Comics and pop culture related clothing and backpacks. Comics and pop culture related collectibles. Magazines. Comic priced at just one buck each. All at bargain prices. Indeed, I’ll even be reducing prices on some items from my first garage sales of the summer.

One of the perks of coming to my garage sales, besides hearing my wondrous stories of my nigh-half-century working in comics, is that I don’t charge for my signature. Whether you buy an Isabella item from me or bring it to my garage from your own collection, I will sign any and all Isabella items for free.

I won’t have any quarter comics this time around. Ditto other items priced at a quarter. Most of those will be going into those mystery boxes. At my last sales, fans were disappointed I only had a couple of those boxes. I’ll have at least seven mystery boxes this time out. Quarter comics will return when I can acquire more of them  

NOTE: I am buying comic books, though not in great bulk. I’ll pay $15 for a short box of good condition comics and $30 for a long box of good condition comics. Generally speaking, a short box will hold a little over 150 issues and a long box around 300 issues. The only restrictions: I don’t want too many copies of the same issues. I don’t want adults only comic books. I won’t be able to buy dozens of boxes at one time.

If you can’t attend my sales at their stated hours of operation, I can arrange a private showing for you at some other time that will be more convenient for you. I would be able to schedule these for most Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. To arrange such a showing, you need to email me. I’ll do my best to accommodate you.

I publicize the sales on Craig’s List, Facebook, Next Door, Twitter and Yard Sale. Obviously, I welcome you telling your friends about them as well. The more I sell at these sales, the more cool stuff I can put out at the next ones. Not to mention that the funds make it easier for me to produce new comics and content for my readers. It’s the circle of life.

Thanks for stopping by. I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2021 Tony Isabella



No comments:

Post a Comment