Sunday, January 8, 2017

BLOGGY BUSINESS

Full-size bloggy things will return tomorrow, but I want to inform and remind readers new and old about how we roll around here. Just so we all know what we’re getting into.

COMMENTING: All comments have to be approved by me before they show up in the blog. This prevents spamming and trolling. If your post doesn’t appear right away, it’s because I haven’t visited my blog since you commented. If it doesn’t appear at all, it’s because you are a spammer or a troll.

E-MAIL: If you have something you want to talk to me about and not do so in the comments sections, e-mail me. Keep in mind that I get a lot of emails. It’ll likely take me a day or two to get back to you. Thanks for being patient.

REQUESTS: I started this blog to write about the things I want to write about. I’m open to requests, but, since reading this blog is free to all, I don’t feel obligated to write about anything that I don’t want to write about.

REVIEWS: If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you know I review lots of stuff: books, comic books, movies, magazines, TV shows and more. If you would like me to review something of yours, be it book, comic book, movie or whatever, email me and I’ll tell you where to send it. I don’t review from PDFs or the like. I need the physical items in front of me.

Sending me a review item is no guarantee of a review and especially not a favorable review. In the case of self-published comic books, I probably won’t review the item if I didn’t like it. I’m sitting on the first issue of a new self-published comic right now because I want to give it a second reading before I dismiss it.

Making and publishing a comic book is no easy feat. I don’t want to make it harder by giving it a negative review. Unless it’s a really offensive comic book you probably should have known better than to send me in the first place.

If you’ve been reading my reviews, you should have a good sense of what will amuse and delight me. Think about that before you send me your comic or whatever.  On the other hand, if, with the courage of your convictions, you think what you’ve created is so good that I’m bound to enjoy it, even if it seems to be outside of my interests,  go with your gut and send it to me.

QUESTIONS: If you have other questions about this bloggy thing of mine, e-mail them to me. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow.

© 2017 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment