Wednesday, January 18, 2017

DOC SAVAGE: EMPIRE OF DOOM

In the category of books I wish I could be reading right now:

Doc Savage: Empire of Doom by Will Murray and Lester Dent writing as Kenneth Robeson [Altus Press; $24.95]. This latest in “The Wild Adventures of Doc Savage” teams up two of the pulp era’s greatest heroes. From the back cover:

It began with the hijacking of a destroyer from the Brooklyn Navy Yard. The stolen warship struck midtown Manhattan with its mighty guns, then vanished far out to sea.

Who were the strange raiders wearing the golden uniforms of no known power who pulled off the daring highjacking? And who was their mysterious leader, a being of seemingly supernatural abilities?

Doc Savage did not know. But The Shadow did! Combining forces, the Man of Bronze and the Dark Avenger follow the trail of a superfoe from The Shadow’s past.

But can they learn to trust one another? From fog-shrouded New York to a futuristic underground kingdom in the heart of Asia, the battle sprawls—with the world’s fate at stake!


ISBN 9781618272850

Keep watching the bloggy thing, adventure-lovers! I’ll have another Will Murray book to tell you about soon.

© 2017 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. I love Will Murray's version of The Shadow. Especially when he team ups with good ol' Doc Savage. I'd like to buy all the new Doc Savage books this year for my Kindle. I wonder if he'll team up with The Spider or The Avenger? They bring me back to that art deco era of the 40's and yet they have a more modern spin of the characters.

    ReplyDelete