Sunday, August 26, 2018

WISDOM FROM KRAD

I love my fans and friends more than I can express. Here's some very smart thinking posted on my Facebook page by Keith DeCandido, a terrific writer and one of the best editors I have ever worked with. He wrote:

Separating yourself from the show will damage the show, damage the character, and damage you. Take the high ground and continue to support a use of the character that actually is good and wonderful and also has your name on every single episode. Talk about the character and the TV show's use of him and your creation of him and your role in developing him. When asked about more comics, shrug and tell them you'd love to do more, but it's up to DC.

Black Lightning is one of the most important shows on the air right now because of what's been happening in Trump's America. Having a show like this matters more now than it has in a very long time.

And again, your name is on every episode.

You should be embracing that in every way that you possibly can.

And I will be doing just that. Always forward.

1 comment:

  1. I'm ashamed that I didn't know any of this was going on as I'm not on Facebook- I e-mailed Mr. Isabella last week, pestering him about convention schedule questions- of course, he graciously and patiently answered my questions which are even more appreciated now! Sorry the corporations are back to making bone-headed decisions against creators like yourself. Just when you think they may actually be starting to "get it" a little...

    ReplyDelete