Sunday, August 26, 2018

ANOTHER FAN REACTION

This was posted to my Facebook page by Tyrone Tony Reed Jr.:

Mr. Isabella, please don't quit. As an African American man, your character has been an inspiration to me since childhood and I'm sure it has been to others who searched comics for someone who looked like them and faced the same things they did. I truly believe that God has a season for everyone and that it's usually when we feel the most discouraged that God sends someone to encourage us as we approach the great things He has for us. I love Black Lightning and I look forward to seeing more stories from you about this timely and enduring character. Don't lose hope and please don't give up! Let your haters be your motivators, but most of all, look around to all the love and support that you are getting from those who love you and the character you shared with us.

Honestly, I was very disappointed and depressed by DC Comics disrespecting my creation and my myself. I asked myself if I should just walk away. But my fans and friends reignited my fighter instincts. Black Lightning does not exist without my creating him in 1976. No one knows Jefferson Pierce better than I do. So I will continue to speak out when I believe DC handles him in a disrespectful and incorrect manner. I will continue to remind them of what they owe me. I will continue to push for an ongoing Black Lightning series written by me and following in the critically-acclaimed footsteps of Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands. I hope my fans and friends will join me in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment