Wednesday, August 22, 2012

THE GARAGE SALE UPDATE KEEP COMING (August 24-25)

Here are today's updates on my next garage sale at 840 Damon Drive in Medina Ohio.  It'll be Friday and Saturday, August 24-25, 10 am to 3 pm.

I think I'm around 95% finished with the restocking.  All the existing comic book boxes were restocked and I added three additional boxes.  All the existing trade paperback boxes were restocked and I added three more of those.  I also restocked the all ages boxes. Hardcovers and magazines boxes are restocked.

New discoveries.  I found a box of Archie digests from several years ago and those will be on sale at the crazy low price of a quarter each.

I found several of the original "Total Justice" Black Lightning action figures with the Eddy Newell costume.  Still deciding what to charge for those as I don't have a lot of them. 

The depressing thing about finding those was that I then went to eBay to see what they were selling for...and discovered Black Lightning action figures I have never seen before and which, as near as I can tell, DC has never paid me for.  Way to stay classy, DC.

I also found copies of Captain America: Liberty's Torch, the prose novel I wrote with Bob Ingersoll.  Don't expect garage sale prices on those.  I have limited supplies of my own work.

I also found copies of my original Black Lightning scripts from the second series.  I made the copies for sale at comic conventions back when  I was doing more of those.  There's only about a dozen of these and, when they're gone, I have no plans to make additional copies.


It looks like I will have most of one table for paperback books: mystery, science fiction, horror, fantasy and more.  Haven't decided what to sell them for.  Maybe a buck apiece.

And, as always, I found all sorts of comic books and trade paperbacks and hardcovers I'd forgotten I had.  Some amazing stuff there. 

Hope to see you at my sale.









2 comments:

  1. If it were me, I'd send DC a nice letter demanding your share of the profits of those Black Lightning figures you discovered along with a full accounting. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it!

    BTW, I just got word that "The Monster Movie Fan's Guide To Japan" is now available as an ebook at Amazon's Kindle Store. I'm on Cloud 9 today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Kindle news, Armand.

    As for DC, I can't remember how many times I've asked for a more complete accounting of their Black Lightning sales and profits. They have yet to respond to any of those requests.

    Ironically, yesterday, I received another royalty check from Marvel for the company's reprinting of some of my stories in Marvel Firsts. No muss, no fuss, no delaying the payment to fit some arbitrary twice-a-year schedule.

    ReplyDelete