Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6/21-6/22 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #2

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will be Friday and
Saturday, June 21-22, at 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio.  Sale hours
are 9 am to 2 pm each day
.

Here is today’s update:

Thunderstorms last night and Casa Isabella had some minor flooding
- more like damping - of a small part of our basement.  Though it
was easily controlled by putting down newspapers, I had to spend a
back-breaking hours removing and bagging up those wet newspapers.
Which, of course, puts me behind where I had hoped to be with both
my writing and the garage sale preparation.

I won’t have as many quarter comic books as I usually do, but they
will have a lot of new comics.  I pulled all those back issues of
Isabella-written Hawkman and the various manga anthology titles to
make room for runs of books like: Strangers, Strangers in Paradise,
Impulse, Incredible Hulk, Infinity Inc., Baker Street, Marvel Saga,
Blood of Dracula, Jon Sable Freelance, the Official Handbook of the
Marvel Universe, Who’s Who in DC Comics, Mask, Lone Wolf and Cub,
Legion of Super-Heroes, Legionnaires, Superman: The Man of Steel

and more.  I’m already anticipating a Friday night trip back to the
Fortress of Storage for restocking.

Later tonight, I’ll do some straightening up of the quarter comics
tables to make room for between one and three boxes of magazines.
Then, tomorrow, I’ll be restocking and straightening the hardcovers
and trade paperbacks.  The plan there is to eliminate a couple of
trade paperback boxes to make room for the hardcover boxes, a box
or two of higher priced comic books, and 1000 Comic Books You Must
Read
.  There probably won’t be a box of Isabella-written items for
this garage sale.

If all continues to go according to plan, I’ll have a full table of
Superman items.  Some very cool stuff has turned up.

I’m undecided about the table in the middle of the garage, which I
have been using for paperback books.  I may give those a rest and
use that table for odds and ends I think my customers will really
dig.  We’ll see how that works out.

Right now, the extended weather forecast is showing temperatures in
the low 80s both days, partly cloudy on Friday, and a possibility
of possible thunderstorms on Saturday.  Keep watching this bloggy
thing for more garage sale updates.

Tony Isabella 

No comments:

Post a Comment